Maintain safe operation of the refrigeration plant of Nanaimo Curling Club.
A minimum of a Refrigeration Operator, certified by Technical Safety BC, is required.
These responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring safe and efficient operation of the refrigeration plant
- Following Technical Safety BC standards for maintenance of refrigeration equipment
- Daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance checks
- Ensuring the logbook is filled out in accordance with Technical Safety BC standards
- Assisting with daily on ice maintenance
- Cleaning, vacuuming, and moping of all Club floors, surfaces, and bathrooms
- Assisting with sanding and salting the parking lot
- Maintaining a safe working environment for all staff
- Assisting in setup and tear down of events, and rentals of the upstairs lounge
- Assisting in all areas when needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Any level of ice technician certification is considered an asset, as well as CPR/AED certification.
This is a seasonal position during the curling season. Any curling experience or ice making experience is considered an asset. There is possibility of part time summer works and supplemental hours if Serving it Right certified.
Job Types: Seasonal, Part-time
Contract length: 8 months
Part-time hours: 30 per week
Salary: $19.00-$28.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- NANAIMO, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Power Engineering certificate from Technical Safety BC? (required)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-10-06