Software-in-the-Loop Simulation Integration Engineer, Electrified Vehicles - The Software-in-the-Loop (SIL) Simulation team creates and delivers virtual test platforms to software development and calibration teams, by which they can develop, enhance, calibrate, and troubleshoot their systems early in the production cycle. The Software-in-the-Loop (SIL) Simulation Integration Engineers (SIE) are responsible to generate Level 2/3 Virtual ECUs and create component / sub-system virtual test environments in an Agile environment by integrating the Virtual ECU(s), the necessary plant models, and the communications.
This position requires an individual with a passion for modeling, an adept knowledge of system simulation and integration, and a demonstrated capability for managing a wide variety of technical and customer needs. The scope of the work is within the following domains: Engine controls, Transmission controls, Battery controls, ePropulsion controls, Brakes controls, and Chassis controls.
Compensation and Work Schedule
- Term: Contract position, renewable
- Start date: Immediately
- Schedule: Day shift
- Est. Reg. Hrs./Wk.: 40
- Travel: Approximately 2 days every 2 months to Detroit, MI
- Work location/environment: Hybrid work; WFH and office location in Markham, ON
Qualifications - Required
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or Computer Science)
- Fluent in MATLAB Simulink
- Proficient in C programming and Python
Qualifications - Preferred
- Familiarity with automotive communication technologies such as CAN, LIN, SPI, and Ethernet
- Experience with the Functional Mock-up Interface (FMI) standard
- Experience with working in an Agile environment and global teams
- Create Level 2&3 virtual controller models
- Create, maintain and test virtual controller components such as HWIO, RTOS, communication models, etc.
- Integrate Virtual ECU models, plant models and other necessary assets into component or sub-system virtual test environment
- Provide support for released simulations and assist with user testing and troubleshooting
Candidates must complete a background check, pre-employment screening and be eligible to work in Canada.