About the Company:
At Hazelview Properties we believe that apartments
are more than bricks and mortar - they are an experience.
Started in 1999 with one small building in Oakville Ontario, we now manage a portfolio of over 200 multi-family residential buildings throughout Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec and Nova Scotia.
Hazelview Properties takes pride in ownership and an active hands-on approach to how we manage our communities. We are committed to fostering the long-term growth of our employees, communities and the investments we make for our clients. It’s one of the things we’ve always believed in, creating value for people and places.
We are committed to a diverse and sustainable future.
At Hazelview, we know our greatest asset is our people. We go all out to build and nurture a diverse, equitable
and inclusive culture where individual experiences and collective layers of difference are brought together to
achieve greatness. We invest where we see potential, building for now and generations to come.
Vision: “We create value for people and places”.
Our Core Values:
- Ownership Mindset
- Having Fun
At Hazelview, we know our greatest asset is our people. We go all out to build and nurture a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where individual experiences and collective layers of difference are brought together to achieve greatness. We invest where we see potential, building for now and generations to come.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Building Managers are the first point of contact for leading the organization. This role is primarily responsible for
the general management and oversight of the property and for the supervision of staff to ensure that a superior
level of co-operation, service and support is provided to Residents thereby ensuring that Hazelview Properties is
the preferred landlord of choice. This is a full-time, live-in opportunity.
- Ensure that a superior level of co-operation, service and support is provided to residents
- Promptly respond to resident issues and service requests
- Demonstrate excellent sales/leasing skills by minimizing vacancy (maintaining 100% occupancy)
- Show prospective residents available suites, process resident applications and lease agreements
Position Title: Building Manager
Reports To: Community Manager or Property Manager
Location: Property Specific
- Responsible for enforcing the terms of lease agreements, such as rent collection, rules and regulations,
and following procedures of serving notices to residents
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the building (general maintenance and cleaning)
- Ensure the apartment complex is maintained and cleaned in accordance with company standards
- Responsible for “move-in, move-out” procedures
- Assist in training on-site Team Members (Assistant Building Managers, Maintenance Associates and
Cleaners) on operational procedures
- Ability to represent company at Landlord Tenant Board hearings
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Completion of High School or general education degree (GED)
- 2+ years of related experience in a customer service or related role
- Exposure to multi-residential or other related industry asset class would be an asset
- WHMIS certification would be an asset
- Experience with Fire Life Safety & Building Inspections would be an asset
- Knowledge of current laws, legislation and rights concerning residents would be an asset
- Building/Property Maintenance experience
- Basic knowledge of plumbing, electrical, drywall, carpentry, painting, etc.
- Proficient with use of basic handheld and electrical tools
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Yardi, Email, Internet)
- Excellent communication is required. Ability to speak other languages is considered an asset
- Actively championing diversity and inclusion
- A commitment to "Best in Class" Customer Service
- A professional demeanor with strong communication skills
- A demonstrated high degree of integrity, discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to accurately listen, understand and respond to issues appropriately
- Ability to work and act independently using good judgment
- Ability to remain calm and focused in high pressure situations
- Self-motivated individual with a “can-do” and “no task is too big or too small” attitude
- Superior organizational and time management skills with ability to multi-task/prioritize and work under tight timelines
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Must be willing to live on-site
- Flexibility to work on-call on a rotating schedule (evenings & weekends)
- Bilingualism in French and English is required as we serve both French-speaking and English-speaking
- Actively championing diversity, equity and inclusion to create an environment of belonging
Hazelview Property Services Inc. is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer. If you require an accommodation to
participate in any aspect of the recruitment process or to perform essential job functions, please let us know. We will
work with you to accommodate your needs in accordance with all applicable legislation. Information related to
accommodation requirements will be addressed confidentially.
Our vision for sustainability is to foster happy, healthy, thriving communities where we operate. To learn more, please
visit the following link: https://www.hazelviewproperties.com/about/sustainability
Time Management Skills