Work Location: On-site
Position Type: Permanent
Location: Toronto, ON
The Facility Maintenance Manager is responsible for ensuring the buildings, facility, plant, amenities, grounds, surroundings, silos, deposits, utilities and all auxiliary equipment are in compliance with internal & external regulations and legislative requirements and in working order.
- Provide leadership and support to the overall vision and direction of Facility Maintenance
- Ensure Safety is a priority and that all maintenance employees are following all Health and Safety procedures
- Lead and support plant Continuous Improvement efforts including Lean activities (as relate to Facility/Structural/Configuration)
- Build the competency of maintenance personnel, ensuring collaboration and communication
- Monitor completion of job assignments and control overtime requirements (for both FT & Contracted personnel)
- Create SOP/OPL Facilities documentation and provide employee training
- Oversee the development and execution of the Preventative Maintenance program (as it pertains to the Facility)
- Supervise activities/work of Contractors and negotiate rates/contracts as required
- Manage & provide short/long-term direction for Facility Maintenance Upgrades/Repairs (Operational and Capital expenditure), administering budgetary requirements for AOP/STRATEGIC PLANNING.
- Collaborate with Sr. Managers on long-term strategic plans
- EY stakeholder in monthly JHSC meetings (Attend & Participate)
- Overall, inspection of building’s/ structures to determine the need for repairs/renovations
- Plan and coordinate all installations/upgrades & refurbishments (tele-communications, heating, electricity etc.)
- Review utilities consumption and develop systems/process to MINIMIZE direct and associated COST.
- Site Security System: ensuring it is properly maintained and monitored (Incl. Perimeter Fencing, Participation in Site CTPAT/Food Defense Team)
- Maintenance/Operation of the Refrigeration system.
- Maintenance/Operation of the following: Ammonia, Compressed Air, Hydro, Water, HVAC, Gas, Building, Grounds, and Storage.
- Maintenance/ Operation of the site SILO Systems (Flour, Sugar, etc.)
- Maintenance of the exterior areas of the property i.e., Parking lots, Landscaping, Exterior walls etc.
- Maintenance/operation of the alarm systems, sprinklers and fire exits.
- Control activities like Parking space allocation and Waste disposal
- Contractors used for maintenance of the building, building systems & external areas.
- Ensuring that facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and security standards.
- Maintaining both Financial & Non-Financial records/ administration
- Lead ALL dealings with External Compliance Audits and Regulatory Agencies (both Municipal & Provincial) within the scope of FACILITIES related matters.
- Post-secondary education in Facilities Management or a related field equivalent.
- A TRADE Certification in one of the following would be an asset – Electrical or Refrigeration
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Facility/Plant management of a medium to large sized facility – preferably in food manufacturing.
- Thorough knowledge of Facilities Maintenance/Management and how to proactively maintain the overall health of the building and equipment.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to exercise sound judgment, tact and discretion when dealing with others both internally and externally (Contractors, Auditors, Customers).
- A proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both direct reports, peers and other TFF Team members.
- Strong analytical abilities coupled with effective problem solving and decision-making skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills, capable of managing multiple tasks and competing priorities within short time lines.
- Effective Procurement and Negotiation skills and experience would be a critical asset.
- Proficient with computer applications – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Email (i.e., G-mail).
- May be required to stand/sit/walk for long periods of time.
- Will be required to engage in bending, stooping, squatting and ladder climbing.
- Due to the environment, must be able to work in various weather and temperature conditions which include extreme heat, humidity and cold.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00-$115,000.00 per year
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person