theScore, a wholly-owned subsidiary of PENN Entertainment , empowers millions of sports fans through its digital media and sports betting products. Its media app 'theScore' is one of the most popular in North America, delivering fans highly personalized live scores, news, stats, and betting information from their favorite teams, leagues, and players. theScore's sports betting app 'theScore Bet Sportsbook & Casino' delivers an immersive and holistic mobile sports betting and iCasino experience. theScore Bet is currently live in the Company's home province of Ontario. theScore also creates and distributes innovative digital content through its web, social and esports platforms.
About the Role & Team
As part of the theScore team, you will be working with a team of smart, friendly, and dedicated Engineers and Product Managers. Our mission is to build and maintain an internal service that allows our marketing teams to build dynamic promotional campaigns to drive engagement and award patrons on theScore Bet platform. By receiving user-driven event data from other internal services, we're able to evaluate and award patrons based on their in-app experience.
About the Work
- Work with our preferred technology stack (Elixir, Phoenix, Phoenix LiveView, Kafka, PostgreSQL)
- Develop, scale, and optimize GraphQL APIs.
- Participate and lead in the design, architecture, and delivery of new features in a collaborative agile environment.
- Collaborate with other teams and various stakeholders to build integrations with other internal services.
- Setting up monitoring and alerting with DataDog, Bugsnag, PagerDuty, Splunk
- Providing technical leadership within the team
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package
- Fun, relaxed work environment
- Education and conference reimbursements.
- Parental leave top up
- Opportunities for career progression and mentoring others
theScore is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.