The Magna Exteriors portfolio of products includes access systems such as liftgates, exterior trim, modular systems, front-end modules including fascia, active aerodynamic systems and other lightweight structural components for automotive, commercial truck and other industrial markets.
Recognized globally as an innovator in all aspects of vehicle exteriors, Magna provides everything needed, from materials development and design through manufacturing and assembly, to help automakers create sleek, state-of-the-art vehicles across the world.
- Validate/verify the Poke-Yoke equipment using red rabbit at the beginning of the report
- Conduct daily Work Instruction binder reviews
- Complete Work Cell startup checklist
- Conduct pre-shift safety check of equipment and work center
- Fulfill daily production standards
- Report production on white board/tally sheet/ MES
- Notify Production Lead of machine issues/quality issues as they occur
- Inspect parts to ensure quality criteria is met
- Distinguish part defects (i.e. Flash, splay, etc.)
- Perform first off, in-process and last off as per quality documents (refer to inspection instruction in Program Binder)
- Communicate with following shift operators (i.e. Equipment problem, quality issues, etc.)
- May be required to work overtime when necessary
- Perform all job functions in a safe and healthful manner, abiding by all health, safety and environmental rules and regulations, promoting safety in the workplace
- Comply with the requirements of C-TPAT/PIP
- Conduct business in an ethical manner in compliance with the Magna Code of Conduct
- Report all accidents/incidents and unsafe conditions/behavior
- Adhere to applicable quality systems and IATF-16949 standards
- Adhere to and promote the Employee Charter and work within the rules, regulations and guidelines of the Plastcoat Employee Handbook
- Participate in and support Continuous Improvement initiatives, events and Big Ideas
- Maintain work area in accordance with the principles of 5S and operate daily within these standards
- Ensure work area is kept neat and organized
- Perform other duties as required
- Minimum completion of Grade 12 diploma
- Experience in automotive industry an asset
- Physically capable of performing essential duties of the job
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively solve problems
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
At Magna, we believe that a diverse workforce is critical to our success. That’s why we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. Magna takes the privacy of your personal information seriously. We discourage you from sending applications via email to comply with GDPR requirements and your local Data Privacy Law.