We are hiring on behalf on our client, a leading heavy civil construction company in the Halifax area, who is looking to expand!
Whether their clients need help on medium or large scale heavy civil construction projects, their team provides the highest level of service, organization, and expertise, which is why they are trusted by some of the largest utility providers in the province for important and emergency work.
They are looking for hard-working, motivated individuals who are willing to grow, work as part of a strong team, and play a key part in a variety of projects for their ever-growing client base. You will have stable work year-round, lots of opportunity to progress in the company and to take on leadership positions.
We are looking for knowledgeable, experienced construction foreman who can lead a crew at our numerous construction sites.
The foreman will be the key person to ensure the completion of the project within time and material constraints as outlined by the Project Manager. Employee safety will be at the forefront of every job .
The ideal applicant will have a solid background in the field, strong leadership skills and the ability to direct the work of others and make quick decisions. The construction foreman must be well-organized and strongly focused on safety above all and at all times.
General foreman duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee and ensure that all safety rules are being followed at all times
- Coordinate daily tasks according to priorities and plans, adjusting as necessary due to weather, supply delivery, and personnel
- Ability to delegate responsibilities to meet safety needs, regulations, best practices, laws and project schedule
- Emphasis on the safe use of tools, machinery, and equipment including training on safety gear and procedures
- Develop and oversee quality standards on all sites
- Resolve conflicts or miscommunication that may happen on-site quickly and amicably
- Report project status to Project Manager and Superintendent regularly
Requirements and qualifications
- High school diploma
- 3+ years’ experience as a construction foreman
- Experience with heavy civil construction - water mains, municipal infrastructure, sewage etc.
- Knowledge of construction best practices, equipment maintenance, use, and OSH guidelines
- Understanding of use and maintenance of electrical and hydraulic systems
- Ability to read drawings, plans, and blueprints and convey this information to others
- Excellent organization and leadership skills
- Ability to communicate and report effectively
- Aptitude in math and strong problem-solving abilities
- Good physical condition and stamina
- Ability to communicate and take direction from Project Manager and Superintendent
If this sounds of interest, please apply with an updated resume and we will be in touch if you are selected for an interview.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $26.00-$30.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person