IT International Telecom Canada Inc. – Senior Project Surveyor
Brief description of the company:
IT International Telecom Inc. is an ISO-certified marine network installer offering desktop study, marine route survey, engineering design, installation and maintenance services for submarine cable systems worldwide.
As an organization independent of any carrier or manufacturer, IT is in the unique position to collaborate with customers, providing them with cost-effective and ideal technical solutions for each project. Above all, IT delivers quality solutions based on proven engineering and installation techniques.
IT was formed in 1995 and for over 20 years has been recognized as one of the worlds’ finest marine system providers. IT is proud to have many repeat clients that are all based on proven engineering techniques and quality of service.
Reporting to the Survey Manager – Marine Route Surveys, IT is seeking to fill the position of full-time permanent Senior Project Surveyor. This position is based in Halifax and requires offshore international travel. The position provides an excellent working environment, opportunity for growth and learning, a complete benefits package as well as an attractive compensation package.
His responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Acquire all necessary project documentation required to plan assigned survey activities from various stakeholders;
- Oversee equipment inventory, maintenance, calibration, in/out control;
- Keep the storage space clean and in order;
- Manage the packing and shipping of survey equipment in collaboration with the shipping department;
- Manage equipment rental;
- Write survey Method of Procedures;
- Work with the engineering department to elaborate mobilization plans;
- Supervise mobilization/write mobilization report;
- Lead onsite pre-mob and pre-survey meetings to ensure the whole team (engineer, survey team, vessel crew) understands the project plan and their individual role and responsibilities;
- Propose equipment upgrades and acquisitions, including cost benefit analyses;
- Party Chief at the beginning of projects (4-6 weeks);
- Provide technical support to the offshore team;
- Assist with Data Management;
- Knowledge of common survey software such as NaviPac, QINSy, Caris, Sonarwiz, Global Mapper and AutoCAD would be a definite asset;
- Survey experience in cable route surveys is preferred.
- University degree preferably in Marine Geomatics / Survey Engineering or related degree;
- Recent work history must include a minimum of 5 - 10 years related offshore hydrographic survey experience, including large scale contracts and dealing with subcontractors, suppliers etc;
- Ability to draft, read, comprehend and interpret technical specifications;
- Ability to draft clear, complete and concise reporting documents;
- Excellent communication skills required, both written and verbal;
- Strong organizational, time-management and analytical skills;
- MS Office experience required;
- Valid offshore training and Canadian Seafarers Book.
Interested and available for national and international travel. A valid passport is required.
Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered.
Please note the estimate pay shown on the posting is an estimate by Indeed and not IT International Telecom.
If you are seeking a long-term stable environment and meet the above criteria, please submit your cv.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Wellness program
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person