Burns Maendel Consulting Engineers Ltd. is a multi-disciplined Engineering firm located in Brandon, Manitoba. We have extensive experience servicing our clients in the commercial, industrial and government sectors. Our projects include extensive land development, municipal infrastructure design and construction administration. We utilize a variety of current and exciting technologies for our projects, some of which include computer modeling of sewer and water systems, traditional total station and GPS surveys supported with drone lidar surveys.
We are looking to enhance and grow our Municipal Engineering team with individuals with a sound technical background and who share our enthusiasm and determination to support our expanding business. As a contributing member of our Municipal team, you will enjoy a fast-paced, friendly environment that is collaborative and energized to deliver design solutions in a timely and cost-effective manner. Self-motivation, teamwork, and the ability to work within time constraints are essential to this role.
As a Municipal Engineer in our Civil Department, your role is to work with the mentorship and guidance of our Senior and Intermediate Engineers on large projects while developing the skills to lead/work independently on smaller municipal projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
· Determines methods and solutions for water, sanitary sewer and storm water systems, water systems, roads, and other infrastructure.
· Provide technical direction on diverse civil projects (water, wastewater, and process related in scope) from proposal stage through to commissioning of the work.
· Provide technical knowledge and project management within our growing civil engineering team.
· Prepare technical reports, documents required for approvals, assist with development and construction cost estimates, tender documents, and contracts.
· Maintaining open communication with clients and contractors during tendering and construction phases of projects.
· Take a supervisory role with technologists and support staff on projects.
· Manage multiphase projects from conceptual design through construction.
· Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams that may include geotechnical, environmental, electrical, mechanical, structural, architectural, and other specialists.
· Mentor, train, and support professional and junior staff in their technical development.
· Prepare correspondence, reports, proposals, and specifications to support projects.
· Perform contract administration tasks, including contractor interaction, progress payment certificates and leading site meetings.
· Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from an accredited Canadian four-year college or university.
· Summer work experience, preferably in the Canadian consulting environment would be an asset.
· Registered as an EIT/P.Eng. with a Canadian licensing organization with the ability to receive EGM (Engineers and Geo Scientists of Manitoba) registration immediately.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Valid Driver’s License.
· Access to Extended Health, Dental, Life, Disability, and Vision Healthcare plans
· Company matched Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan
· Professional membership fee coverage
· Paid Professional Development and Training
· Onsite fitness facility
Position Duration: Permanent Full Time
Location: Brandon, MB
Rate of Pay: $55,000.00 to $75,000.00 based on individual education, qualifications, and experience.
Closing Date: When suitable candidates are selected
Applicants should submit a resume for consideration to:
Burns Maendel Consulting Engineers Ltd.
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
903 Rosser Avenue
Brandon, MB R7A 0L3
Or email to: [email protected] and reference “Municipal Engineer” in the subject line
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $55,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brandon, MB R7A 0L3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- civil engineering: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person