JDE Property Management, Inc. is currently searching for a dedicated and responsible Live-in Building Superintendent to join the team!
As a Building Superintendent, you will be responsible for overseeing the general maintenance of a condominium building (66 units) in Cole Harbour.
- A condo unit to live in for as long as you hold the position (worth $1,200 per month);
- A company phone;
- Flexible working hours; and
- Skills development and training opportunities.
Your duties will include:
- Maintaining the cleanliness of all common areas and communal spaces;
- Conducting regular inspections of the building to ensure safety and security regulations are met;
- Responding promptly to common area repair requests;
- Keeping records of all repairs and maintenance activities;
- Minor repairs and maintenance on common area equipment;
- Organizing, calling and supervising the work of contractors, when necessary;
- Small repair work such as painting, wall repairs, door repairs and other site maintenance;
- Ensure the appearance of the property is kept to a high standard;
- Communicate regularly with the Property Manager reporting any building deficiencies;
- Assist the Property Manager in enforcing condominium rules and policies;
- Create a comprehensive report for the monthly meetings;
- Maintain positive and professional relationships and communication with condo owners and residents of the complex; and
- Assist in other areas as issues arise.
The successful candidate must have:
- Knowledge of Nova Scotia Health and Safety Regulations;
- Excellent problem-solving skills and an eye for detail with excellent customer service skills;
- Familiar with all systems, such as electrical and mechanical, installed throughout the building;
- Able to handle minor issues and repairs, and supervise and communicate with contractors;
- Able to effectively manage contractors working in the building;
- Able to diplomatically solve problems, be responsive to residents, and ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Strong communication and organizational skills; and
- Basic computer and smartphone skills including Microsoft office, email and other systems such as security and intercom software.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate a strong commitment to community, willingness to help, adaptability, and approachability.
- The successful candidate must have initiative.
- The successful candidate must be observant and able to rectify issues without supervision.
- The successful candidate will be someone who treats the building with the same care, respect, and attention to detail as if it were their own, and to ensure that the building and its facilities remain in top condition for all residents and visitors.
If you believe you have the necessary qualifications, please submit your application here. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Up to $27,500.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekends as needed
- Do you have a strong commitment to community and is very willing to help?
- Do you have the attention to detail to ensure that the building and its facilities remain clean and in top condition for all residents and visitors?
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-12-31
Expected start date: 2024-01-01