Description of Responsibilities:
Provides advice on the testing strategy, test plans, the selection of testing tools, and the identification of resources required for testing. Plans and organizes testing efforts for large systems in Graphical User Interface (GUI) and non-Graphical User Interface (GUI) environments, including the execution of systems integration tests, specialized tests, and user acceptance testing (e.g., stress tests).
Proficient in Cloud technology, Agile & DEVOPS.
The Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for the development of test plans, test scripts and test cases and executing these against the various components. The tester will work with the testing lead and IT lead of each project as well as the project team members in the analysis, design, development, implementation and ongoing support of the required systems.
- Experience in planning, organizing and implementing testing efforts at the specified experience level
- Knowledge of structured methodologies for the development, design, implementation and maintenance of applications
- Knowledge and experience in the use of data query tools to aid in the development of test cases
- Knowledge and experience in the use of Test Management tools and version control systems on one or more platforms
- Experience executing functional tests, non-functional tests and systems level integration tests
- Experience supporting user acceptance testing and participating in UAT activities
- Experience with quality assurance principles, practices, tools and structured methodologies
- Experience creating test data for various types and phases of testing, including technical and business functional validation
- Experience in quality assurance and testing, including AODA testing, integration testing, load testing, performance testing, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in all phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills; organizational, creativity and perseverance skills; verbal and written communication skills; and interpersonal skills
- A team player with a track record for meeting deadlines
- Knowledge of one or more automated testing tools
- Knowledge and experience in at least one programming language
- Experience in the use of information retrieval packages
- Knowledge and understanding of testing methods in an object-oriented environment
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Management principles, concepts, policies and practices.
- Experience planning and organizing testing efforts for both large and small systems
- Experience coding automated test scripts to produce sets of automated test cases
- Experience testing Commercial Off-the Shelf Applications (COTS
- 10+ years of experience in process, planning, organizing and implementing testing efforts
- Extensive Experience with test management tools on one or more platforms such as Azure DevOps & Microfocus ALM 12.5
- Experience conducting AODA Compliance Audit & Remediation
- Experience with Waterfall, Agile & DEVOPS methodologies
- Experience with Cloud technology (Microsoft Azure)
- Extensive Experience with AODA Compliance Audit tools, AXE, WAVE
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Salary: $44.69-$50.03 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON M8V 3E7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- quality assurance: 10 years (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Toronto, ON M8V 3E7
Expected start date: 2023-10-16