Location: Anywhere in Canada - we all work remotely!
Are you ready to board the rocket ship? Join our aggressively growing social media agency as the Managing Director and become a driving force behind our path to success. With our ambitious goal of becoming a 10 million dollar digital marketing agency within the next five years, this is your chance to be a pivotal player in shaping our remarkable growth. Join us and let’s make magic happen.
The Managing Director reports directly to the CEO and is a key strategic contributor to the company’s overall success. They manage and oversee the team of social media managers and are responsible for developing and empowering them to be top performers. They are responsible for implementing and managing successful operations that lead to above-average client satisfaction and retention.
This position will be great if you...
- Thrive in a leadership role, with proven success in managing people
- Enjoy nurturing and mentoring a team to achieve high-level outcomes
- Have a thorough understanding of influencer marketing, design and video, and social advertising
- Have a high aptitude for social media and an overall understanding of the industry, including important metrics to report on, trend-forecasting, and building and executing a robust social media strategy
- Are results and data-driven
- Get fired up about problem-solving
- Identify your Working Genius as some combination of Galvanizing, Enablement and/or Tenacity (Not sure what we mean?)
- Have a knack for emerging tech and are passionate about the power of process
- Enjoy a flexible and remote position that includes some travel (at minimum quarterly)
- Are excited by the ever-changing and always exciting ‘agency life’
- Align with all of our company valuesthat we’re so passionate about
We work with a myriad of different brands and industries ranging from e-commerce, outdoor adventure and apparel, beer/wine, events, and various professional services. We love the variety - it keeps us on our toes!!
Here’s what you would be doing...
- Day-to-day management of the social media team
- Manage client allocation and assign social media managers to clients appropriately
- Ensuring all work output from the Social Media team is to our agency's high standard of quality
- Support with formulating short and long-term creative goals and strategies for clients
- Monitor and manage utilization within monthly recurring and one-time projects to maintain profitability
- Create and maintain internal workflows and processes for Social Media Manager team
- Lead and empower the Social Media team to grow and access new learning opportunities
- Lead and empower a team to deliver high-quality content and encourage out-of-the-box thinking
- Complete performance evaluations for Social Media Manager team and give feedback when needed
- Check in with clients routinely to temperature check, identify areas of opportunity for improvement and/or upsell and maintain a strong relationship
- Responsible for maintaining our target NPS score
- Onboard new clients, communicating closely with the leadership team about incoming sales and partnerships
- Seamlessly manage transitions between clients and Social Media Managers
- Anticipate the future direction of digital marketing using both research and own insight
- Manage, evaluate and report on internal tools and platforms used
- Authorizing expenses and making sure that the department sticks to the company’s budget (i.e. Social Tech)
- Evaluate and ensure we are maintaining our agency standard of all monthly analytics reporting by the Social Media Manager team for clients
- Keep the leadership team apprised of important updates from or about your team
- Contribute to the strategic growth of the company through EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) and quarterly objectives
- Manage the implementation and overall success of EOS within your department
- Attend all weekly meetings as well as quarterly and yearly team on-sites
You know you’re qualified if you…
- Have at least two years of proven experience in managing a team
- Have experience in building and executing robust social media strategies and campaigns
- Possess a degree in Communications and/or at least five years of experience in a communications-related field
- Have at least two years experience working in a client-facing role
- Previous agency experience is an asset
Pay & Hours:
- Full-time, but with a reasonably flexible schedule
- Pay range $75k-$85k
- Yearly bonus awarded based on performance
- Unlimited vacation
- Health benefits offered after three months of employment
- Opportunities to participate in share ownership as we grow
- Commission pay is offered for bringing in new business
- Travel is required for team and client events (approximately six trips per year)
If this sounds like you, please email us with your cover letter (tell us why you're the right person for this role, attach your resume or better yet, your LinkedIn profile (bonus points!) and please include salary expectations.
Marr Media Group is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs, disbeliefs, or status. We truly believe that different backgrounds and multiple perspectives make up a great team, and we welcome you!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00-$85,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
- Wellness program
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- management: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: Remote