Senior Structural Engineer
$100,000 - $120,000 per year based on qualifications and experience.
Full-time, Permanent, On-Site/ In-Office
CDN Group of companies is a Canadian owned and operated manufacturing and construction firm located in Delhi, ON. At CDN we specialize in designing, manufacturing and installing durable steel structures for residential, commercial and agricultural applications. Our mission is to provide our customers with quality-built structures with integrity and excellence.
We firmly believe our employees are our best assets and we are committed to providing ongoing training and support to allow them to reach their full potential. We are seeking an ambitious and driven Senior Structural Engineer to join our Engineering Team and help us grow our expanding business.
· Bachelor of Engineering, Structural or Civil
· Provide detailed structural design calculations in accordance with current codes and standards.
· Use structural analysis software to model and design steel structures.
· Attend site visits and meetings related to ongoing projects for the general review of construction.
· Review shop drawings and design details.
· Prepare written reports and structural details based on the team leader’s instructions.
· Coordinate projects with internal company divisions.
· 5 to 7 years of experience in a Canadian structural engineering firm.
· Licensed and Registered with the P.E.O.
· Relevant experience with software such as Autodesk Robot, SAP2000, STAAD Pro.
· Previous experience in steel design using CSA S16-14 code requirements.
· Competent in navigating and applying the NBC 2020, CSA A23.3-14.
· Strong knowledge in steel connection design, truss systems, and reinforced concrete foundations.
· Strong understanding of fundamental engineering principles relating to structural analysis.
· Experience with low-rise steel-framed construction.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, required to compile letters and reports.
· Strong communication skills (oral and written English).
As a member of the Delhi & District Chamber of Commerce, CDN GROUP offers its employees a Chambers Plan Employee Benefits package after completing 3 consecutive months of employment. This plan will include:
· Employee Life Insurance
· Dependent Life Insurance
· Accidental Death & Dismemberment
· Long Term Disability
· Extended Health Coverage
· Dental Coverage
- Day shift- Monday through Friday
- Scheduled 40 hours per week
- Management Position that is overtime exempt
We thank all those who apply, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please submit all cover letters, resumes and references in confidence via one of the following methods:
Email: [email protected]
In-Person: Unit 3 – 523 James Street, Delhi, ON N4B 2C2
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $100,000.00-$120,000.00 per year
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Delhi, ON N4B 2C2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you licensed and registered with the P.E.O.
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- structural engineering: 5 years (required)
Work Location: In person