Dawn InfoTek Inc. is a professional IT consulting team that partners with major financial institutions, investment firms and government sectors. We have been dedicated in delivering cutting-edge consulting services and recruiting all levels of IT positions for our clients.
We are currently seeking competent individuals to fill the role of Junior DBA for IMS & DB2 for z/OS on our dynamic team for our client, one of the big five banks
Responsibilities with the followings:
- Provide all the Database Administrative services to application development team.
- Develop Db2 DDL/DML scripts and enhance DB performance.
- Understands Db2 Replication (SQL Replicator): MF-to-MF, MF-to-Server and Server-to-MF.
- Learn Db2 DRDA remote connection architecture and able to give design guidance.
- Learn IMS system architecture concepts and is able to provide technical guidance.
- Develop and implement IMS Fast Path and Full function databases designs.
- Develop and implement IMS DBD, PSB, DYNALC, MFS components. Understands IMS Catalog object maintenance.
- Develop and implement IMS Dynamic Resource Definition (DRD) components.
- Develop and implement IMS Connect Extension definitions.
- Develop and implement IMS IFP, MPP message processing region.
- Provide 24x7 pager support on a rotating basis.
- 1+ Year of DBA working experience on DB2 (preferred)
- Details oriented and quick learner
- Ability to contribute in Agile environments with understanding of its methodologies (Scrum/Kanban) and its tools (Jira, Confluence, Azure DevOps).
- Works well independently & as part of a team; experience working with remote teams.
- Diploma or Bachelor Degree in Computer Science preferred
For an immediate consideration, please apply today to this posting by submitting your Resume along with your Availability Date and Expected Salary
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: $50,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON M2J 4R4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Mainframe: 1 year (preferred)
- IMS: 1 year (preferred)
- Database administration: 1 year (required)
- DB2 on z/OS Certificate (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Toronto, ON M2J 4R4