Position: Project Controller (Project Planner, Production Planner, Manufacturing Planner, Production Controller)
Reports to: President
The Project Controller plays a critical role in helping projects be scheduled and completed on-time and on budget, for both labor costs and material costs at our main shop.
A first critical responsibility is the accurate updating of labor hours to all projects on a daily basis. Decision makers for each project need to know the status of labor hours and costs every day.
A second critical responsibility is materials management including inventory management. This responsibility includes direct supervision of the purchaser and ensuring all materials are ordered, received, issued and delivered to production on-time and on-budget.
Additional core accounting responsibilities include opening and closing projects, authorizing payments, progress billings and invoicing for completed projects, assist with or collections issues and timely completion of the month end processing. Each completed project requires a report detailing all revenues and expenses with a comparison to the estimate.
- Job open
- Add materials, labor hours, and sketches to the project and release.
- Print out the necessary drawings and descriptions for the floor.
- Notifies both the floor and the Purchaser that a new job has been released.
- Add project to the schedule.
- Ensure BoM is same as the ERP system, (Epicor).
- Job close, support purchaser to ensure materials charged are correct and complete.
- Ensure container numbers are properly assigned to projects.
- Daily staffing roster – include bar codes for active projects, and who’s scheduled on what job. Done with the project managers.
- Clocking out. Check time records, ensure time assigned to correct project. Fix as needed.
- Ensure Project Status Reporting screen in shop is correct (update labour estimate if change orders happen).
Materials Management including Inventory
- Direct supervision of the purchaser.
- Support & assist purchaser with material picking, (deliver to project).
- Cycle counts, inventory checks
- Staged buying for larger projects
Accounting and Month End Processing
- Account coding and payment authorizing for all purchases and expenses.
- Following up on status of sales order between sales and project managers to ensure all order are being invoiced
- Account coding and authorizing for all revenue invoicing and progress billings. Review invoicing package (terms, PO or billing instructions, revised price from change orders)
- Ensuring deposits are received and notify Project Management Team that the project is ready to start
- Month end revenue accruals reporting for WIP.
- Reviewing and approving month end project/job package. (consisting of Sales Order, PO, Estimates, Production detail report) and summarizing for submission to accounting.
- Completed projects require a report of all revenues, expenses and comparison to estimate.
- Note: centralized accounting team will process and complete the actual transactions for payroll, purchases, payments, invoicing, collections, and deposits.
Other Production Support
- Co-ordinating delivery to customer for finished product (working with customer).
- Safety, especially on the admin side. Keeping WHMIS book up to date, documenting crew talks, safety committee minutes etc. Assist with safety audits.
- Work hours are same as production, 7:00 start.
This is a front line, hands on position within a dynamic environment. It ranks high on variety and challenge. It is not a quiet office, dress clothes environment.
We take steel shipping containers and turn them into a large variety of custom modular products such as: mobile laboratories, storage buildings, site offices, generator enclosures, wastewater treatment plants, fire training facilities, workforce housing and retail kiosks. ContainerWest is the industry leader offering conceptual design, detailed engineering, manufacturing, delivery and site installation.
Our core values center on customer service and being a good team member --- sharing information, pitching in to help, being reliable, being solution oriented and getting problems out in the open.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $56,963.93-$85,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Richmond, BC V6V 1T7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Have you been a front line leader in an industrial environment?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Project Accounting or Planning: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person