Location: Sparwood, British Columbia, CA
Closing Date: December 1, 2023
Are you ready for a rewarding career change? Join our geotechnical professionals’ team and expand your open pit mining career!
As the Senior Engineer Supervisor, Geotechnical, you will lead a small team at Elkview, one of our four steelmaking coal operations in British Columbia's Elk Valley. This role reports to the Superintended Engineering and manages all mining geotechnical functions for operations and related projects.
We are looking for someone excited to lead a team and collaborate with others across Teck's operations. Your expertise will play an active role in Teck's geotechnical community, supporting professional development, engagement, and team empowerment. Having strong interpersonal and communication skills is key in this position. To succeed in this role, you will need experience in open pit mining.
Join us in our commitment to responsible mining.
- Two Annual Bonus Plans
- Relocation Assistance
- Comprehensive Benefits Plan
- Retirement Package
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- $1,000 Healthy Lifestyle Account
- Continued Education
- Professional Development Opportunities
Work location and schedule:
Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here, you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! Enjoy a compressed workweek with alternating Fridays off for plenty of time for both work and play.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Coordinate site geotechnical programs, including monitoring systems, providing support for analysis and design, and coordinate with Mine Operations and Processing groups
- Apply geotechnical expertise to rock slopes, waste dumps, blast vibration analysis, and soil slopes and foundations, along with other water retention structures
- Design and implement technical and training programs to identify, eliminate, or mitigate geotechnical hazards , close gaps, and improve designs
- Coordinate and review work by external geotechnical consultants
- Review short and long-range mine plans
- Supervise, train, and mentor geotechnical and tailings engineering personnel
- Bachelor's degree in Geological, Geotechnical, or Civil Engineering
- Registered as a P.Eng. with Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia (EGBC)
- Minimum seven years of relevant geotechnical experience, including a geotechnical role at an open pit mining operation
- Ability to supervise and provide leadership in project management
- Solid understanding of industry standard geotechnical software
- Experience in geotechnical data analysis, site investigations, project evaluation, and management
Successful candidates must be willing to satisfy the pre-employment requirements of a pre-employment drug screen and three professional references.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Job Segment: Coal Mining, Geology, Geotechnical Engineering, Engineering Manager, Mining, Engineering
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $125,000.00-$155,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Relocation assistance
- Vision care
Work Location: In person