Receptionist – Langley
Formed in 1952, CLAC is a national union representing over 60,000 workers in almost every sector of the economy. Based on values of respect, dignity, and fairness, CLAC is committed to building better workplaces, better communities, and better lives. CLAC is an affiliated member of the World Organization of Workers.
The Langley Member Centre is currently accepting resumes for a Receptionist. This is a permanent, part-time position. The working schedule will be 23.5 hours per week from Wednesday to Friday.
The individual suited for this job will serve first and foremost as a member champion who will ensure that all members are properly served or redirected to the appropriate support. This position will also provide backup to other staff when needed. The successful candidate must have the ability to multi-task in a busy, challenging environment that includes frequent interruptions and distractions.
This role will perform a variety of clerical duties, including but not limited to:
- Receiving callers/visitors to the member centre
- Ordering office supplies
- Entering membership information into the database
- Postage/fax machine operation and maintenance
- Processing payments
- Arranging courier service
- General office email review and distribution
- Incoming mail and fax distribution
- Completion of high school or equivalency education
Skills and Experience:
- Must be a motivated self-starter with a friendly, calm and professional demeanour
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Minimum of 3 months experience in a similar role Computer proficient, including a working knowledge of Microsoft programs and familiar with database work
- Able to work independently
- Able to multi-task and to function in a busy environment
Reporting and Accountability:
- This position reports directly to Holly Farrell, Building & Office Manager
please submit your cover letter and resume to Holly Farrell, Building & Office Manager by email and indicate in your application where you came across the position by September 22, 2023.
Application Deadline: September 22, 2023
Approximate Start Date: October 25, 2023
More information on CLAC can be found at www.clac.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
CLAC is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time
Part-time hours: 23.5 per week
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-22
Expected start date: 2023-10-25