To provide industry leading agronomic consulting. The CrOptics Program will support customers and team members with agronomy services and product recommendations that are the best decision for the highest level of crop production to the benefit of Simplot's customers and the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Area Agronomy Support
- Deliver agronomy services to CrOptics customers
- Increase Simplot's overall expertise in soil management & plant health
- Work with Area Location Managers to provide the opportunity for agronomy services to customers
- Have an ongoing communication with several key customers, in cooperation with Area Location and Account Managers, to demonstrate continuity and consistency.
- Contribute to and be familiar with Simplot's strategies for:Macronutrients
Field verified demonstrations
- Attend (on behalf of Simplot) local information meetings and in-season tours and bring the knowledge back to our entire team.
- Be open, available, and approachable
- Work with other Area Agronomists one on one to develop approach methods and techniques
- Set aside time for joint farm meetings with Area Agronomy Lead and Account Managers
- Participate in school and community education programs as appropriate and directed by Agronomy Lead
- Identify profit opportunities for Agronomy/product programs
- Support customers and suppliers through prompt and detailed investigation of product inquiries
- Lead in the development and facilitation of training programs for location employees in agronomy, in cooperation with the Agronomy Lead and Market Development Lead
- Learn and understand the products and services Simplot provides
- Build confidence and experience in technical skills while sharing best practices with the entire agronomy team.
- Keep current on industry trends and technology – transfer this knowledge to both the agronomy team and customers.
- Attract quality Agronomy Team members to Simplot
- Ensure Simplot is maximizing the potential to have Agronomy support on as many fields as possible
- Approach the Ag industry and community in a professional manner such that Simplot maintains a presence as the leader in our market.
- Assist Area Agronomy Team to complete accreditation in compliance with company policy.
- Support the Account Managers and Location Managers complete accreditation in compliance with company policy.
- Oversee the entry of Area scouting data into system for permanent archive on the customer account.
Research and Product Development Support
- Work closely with Agronomy Lead and Marketing Development Lead in the development of Area field research program to learn protocols and ensure requirements are followed.
- Support plan for all Area summer tours, winter meetings and events that showcase Simplot in field knowledge in cooperation with Agronomy Lead, Market Development Lead and other Agronomists.
- Provide direction for Agronomist and Agronomist Apprentice to assist Location Managers and Account Managers in providing consistent and effective agPROVE demonstrations and trials
- Work closely with Marketing and e-Business team to execute marketing tasks for promotions to ensure strong brand presence and farmers attendance at events.
Customer Services Rep
- Provide sales function to key customers and walk in customers when appropriate
- Oversee and maintain their assigned customer records on database
- Learn and ensure compliance with company customer management standards
- Ensure highest level of customer service for any customer when appropriate
- Ensure proper completion of credit applications
- Pursue new accounts in line with corporate direction when opportunity is presented
- Assist in coordinating and executing product movement
- Assist in loading and unloading of product form customers or from suppliers
- Assist operations employees with various tasks, especially in busy season and especially when a customer needs to be served
- Be prepared to fill in in the instance of operational shortfalls
- Be an active supporter and contributor to the communities we serve
- Contribute to and maintain a positive attitude in the workplace
- Keep and maintain confidentiality of all customers, employees and suppliers and Simplot's business
- Help with any special projects as required
- Be familiar with and live the values that are defined by Simplot
- Continually develop leadership and business skills
- Approve, attend, and contribute to community activities when appropriate
- Set, maintain, and live high ethical and moral standards
- Pleasantly greet customers and suppliers
- Fill in for all roles when needed with appropriate skills and talents
- Support safety practices and initiatives as set by safety officer and ensure safe driving habits
- Maintain and tidy up office and yard
- Demonstrate respect and courtesy for all employees, customers, suppliers, and community
- Simplot Agronomy is one of our primary differentiators. This position is critical to our customers and locations, and we expect the highest level of professionalism and agronomy expertise.
- Simplot profitability comes from our ability to deliver products and services that meet and exceed our customers’ expectations. We expect our ACEs to lend a hand to operations team to ensure the highest level of satisfaction for customers when the need is there.
- Technology and solutions are provided in the form of products. Even though our agronomy team are not required to be primary sellers we expect them to conduct sales tasks and even complete sales when appropriate. ACEs will support Ag Innovations Services throughout the year.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Degree from a recognised institution and related field experience with emphasis on soil science, plant science, and crop production.
- 3 years experience in agronomy or related role.
- Past industry experience is a valued asset.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
- M.Sc level training is an asset, but not required.
- P. Ag or A.T designation required.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Manual labour including crop scouting and soil sampling.
- Agri-Industry Hours - overtime, as required.
- Indoor and outdoor setting
- Interacts with upper and middle management, employees, and clients
- Repetitive work
** Simplot Canada (II) Limited is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Rosetown, SK S0L 2V0: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- agronomy: 3 years (preferred)
- agronomy sales: 1 year (preferred)
- P. Ag or A.T designation (required)
Work Location: In person