The Project Coordinator is responsible for directing, organizing and controlling project activities, under the technical direction of the Project Managers. Other responsibilities of this position include assisting the estimating department if work load permits and overseeing the backflow prevention program.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand the scope of work associated with each project.
- Take minutes and fill out checklist at turnover meetings, supply minutes to PM
- Setup jobs in Procore including prime contract and directory
- Complete and submit project front end documents
- Issuing & tracking PO’s to subs/suppliers, through Procore as per PM direction
- Setup schedule of values with template provided by PM
- Setup budget with template provided by PM
- Issue, monitor, and track submittals after review by PM and site workers
- Track sub/supplier invoicing for accuracy, taking into consideration the recommendations made by Estimating at time of tender
- Track/Issue SI, RRI, CO, & CCNs along with updating billing information & PO’s accordingly on Procore and on Master projects sheet.
- Distribute CCNs to sub contractors and suppliers for pricing, gather pricing from subs and suppliers
- Coordinate with Estimating pricing and quote preparation for change orders
- Verify and track equipment delivery and lead times.
- Review & complete billing info, billing sheets; process billing when notified by the PMs. Work together with Accounting to ensure on-time billing.
- Schedule subs and in house workers on site at the request of the PM.
- Update master tracking sheet with approved change orders
- Update Master projects sheet and Procore weekly as billings are sent to accounting and new projects are acquired
- Organize & maintain job folders (electronic & hard copy)
- Prepare O&M Manuals for all projects ready for submission 1 week after completion of project
- Answer estimating and project management incoming phone calls
- Complete required H&S, insurance, WSIB; oversee issuing of City of Ottawa DI badges & background checks, track surveys, annual testing c/w filing online, equipment tags.
- Monitor and maintain list of certificates for employees and schedule recertifications
- Prepare and organize for weekly construction meetings along with recording minutes and distributing by email immediately after meeting
- Maintaining up to date job sheet
- Assist the Accounting Department with billing clarifications and following up with customers for payment collection
- Notify supervisor and coworkers of any absences required
- Minimum 5 years project coordination experience
- Strong organizational skills and very detail orientated
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work in near paperless environment
- Ability to prepare O&M manuals, SSSP & provide H&S, WSIB, Insurance, employee certifications & security clearance information on a as/when required basis.
- Proficient in use of all Microsoft office programs including Microsoft Project.
- Knowledge of Procore and BuildingConnected, or similar PM and Estimating digital platforms an asset
- Ability to work well and collaborate with other departments of the company.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types: