Who We Are:
Vori Health is an award-winning, nationwide, virtual-first, musculoskeletal medical practice focused on evidence-based care that treats the whole person. Using a unique care model to help patients find the best path forward, Vori Health connects patients to a trained care team that includes a nonoperative physical medicine physician, a health coach navigator, and a physical therapist who manage the initial patient assessment and then work to coordinate all aspects of care. We are on a mission to empower humanity to lead a healthier life.
The Software Engineer role, reporting to the Software Engineering Manager, is an active creator in the ideation and deployment of consumer-facing experiences and clinician tools to enable end-to-end care. This person should have a passion for coding and be driven to help others overcome their obstacles. They see design, product, development, and operations as unified experience in delivering best-in-class platforms. A keen interest in trends for both the digital and physical realms with a focus on human-centered designs is essential. Software Engineers should be able to identify big and little improvements to propel the business forward and take our platform to the next level! You must live in Québec, Canada.
What You'll Do:
- Essential Functions:
- Work closely with product, design, and engineering teams to determine and optimize both user experience and technical implementations across front-end and/or Vori's backend systems (simplicity, security, scalability)
- Collaborate across teams and with stakeholders to solve technical and non-technical challenges
- Participate in the requirements gathering, system architecture, development, and maintenance of our products portfolio
- Provide technical mentorship to project team members, for example participating in code reviews
- A contagious passion for quality
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Perform other projects and duties as assigned
Who You Are:
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in software development, design, and architecture
- Experience developing & integrating with various internal or third-party APIs and services (REST, GraphQL, etc.) on the backend or/and building for mobile & web experiences on the front-end
- Experience with 3D modeling, animation, and rigging: three.js, react-fiber, Unreal Engine, Unity, Blender
- Experience with 2D animation libraries
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases and caches
- Experience working with GraphQL APIs
- A contagious passion for quality
- Humble, and passionate about learning
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Enjoy building elegant user interfaces and delightful user experience
- Enjoy being part of a highly collaborative, remote-friendly environment
- Belief that writing code is just a means to solve business problems (but cool code is an inherent win!)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related technical field
- Experience building cloud-native applications and working with cloud technologies (AWS/GCP/etc.)
- Experience working in agile methodology (scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Experience using software best practices like test driven development (TDD) and continuous integration/delivery
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration platforms like Kubernetes.
- Experience on the monitoring and operations side of software (AWS CloudWatch, New Relic, Datadog, etc.)
- Experience configuring CI/CD platforms and pipelines (such as CircleCI, AWS Amplify, Jenkins, etc.)
- Disciplined approach to design and coding (especially experience in test automation or test driven development)
- Strong focus on security by design and knowledge of the OWASP Secure Coding Guidelines
- Knowledge of HL7 and healthcare IT requirements (e.g. HIPAA or HITRUST), including lived experience navigating the healthcare system, are also an asset
How We Hire
- Apply: Submit an application.
- First Hello: Phone interview with a Talent Acquisition Specialist.
- Meet Your Leader: Discuss your background and explore a relationship with you would report to.
- Meet the Team: Be introduced to prospective team members. For IT positions, this will be a technical interview.
Our patients come from all backgrounds and so do we. We work to ensure our company reflects those we serve and draw from the differences in who we are. If you share our values and passion for inclusivity, we welcome you. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US or Canada.
We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment visa at this time.