The University of Prince Edward Island invites applications for the position of Director, Human Resources.
Reporting to the Vice-President, People and Culture, the successful candidate will be responsible for setting the vision, strategy and long-term management approach for Human Resources at the University of Prince Edward Island. They will Lead a team of HR professionals that provides a high level of customer service to all constituents in the University and provide strategic human resources advice to the senior leadership team. They will create a strategic human resources plan that focuses on organizational effectiveness through policy development, workforce planning, cultural change management, organizational change processes, succession planning, talent acquisition and other key human resource services.
The position requires the following qualifications and skills:
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline. Postgraduate qualifications are preferred either in Human Resources or Labour Relations
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in human resources leadership and management positions at the director level. Experience in post-secondary institutions is preferable
- A thorough understanding of Human Resources issues within a post-secondary environment is an asset. Senior level labour relations experience that includes negotiation of collective agreements, management of grievances and arbitrations is an asset
- Significant experience in development and implementation of governance structures, strategic plans and effective management structures
- Effective organizational, problem-solving, planning and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, demonstrated in complex work environments, with a proven ability to hold dialogues with a wide variety of stakeholders, a proven ability to listen to needs and concerns and to build confidence through follow-up actions
- Demonstrated ability to present to and converse with senior stakeholders, including discussions with the senior leaders of an organization
Additional information may be found in the link to complete job description.