POSITION TITLE: TECHNICIAN - CANADA
REPORTS TO: SERVICE MANAGER
NOTES: the job is rotational 7 days on 7 days off (11.5 Hours per day), fly in-fly out possibly to Horizon, Overtime available
- Comply with all corporate Safety Policies and guidelines/procedures, including Branch Monthly meetings and those established by the customer. Advise Supervisor or Manager of any unsafe practice performed or witnessed.
- Perform inspections, maintenance and repairs on electric overhead traveling cranes and hoists at varied customer locations, as directed. Be available “on call” as part of service office rotation and provide after-hours service, as required.
- Conduct on-site electrical, mechanical, structural and electronic troubleshooting to determine cause for equipment malfunction and establish the necessary repairs utilizing visual inspection, test procedures and appropriate test equipment. Perform a general post repair audit prior to completion of work, documenting that all required safety features are functional or documenting deficiencies and attaching a deficiency tag to the crane.
- Document findings and make corrective recommendations during the SAFETY REVIEW to the customer including a written “Safety Notification” of any observed or known safety concerns, if appropriate. Determine customer’s intentions to purchase repairs and notate accordingly of actions necessary to sell or complete the repairs.
- Consult with customer regarding all repair and safety related issues and discuss during the VISIT REVIEW recommendations that will assist the customer with improving their SAFETY & PRODUCTIVITY, prior to leaving job site. Determine items requiring quotation.
- Complete and provide proper electronic documentation utilizing the established company digital tools required for each service, obtaining the customer’s signature and acceptance.
- Read, understand and apply the contents of all CSA, OSHA, ANSI, CMAA, HMI and other codes or regulations pertaining to our industry. Refresh and update knowledge periodically.
- Complete Work Packages and other required documents in a professional, accurate, neat and legible manner and submit same in a timely manner and in accordance with established guidelines.
- Maintain regular communication with the service office and assigned Coordinator, in accordance with established practices.
- Maintain all company issued equipment, vehicle and assets in a safe and proper working order. Operate tools, equipment and vehicles in a safe and responsible manner. Notify supervisor of any deficiencies for resolution.
- Maintain supply of forms, literature, inventory and miscellaneous materials in the service vehicle. Document use or sale to customer, as required.
- Follow all established safety rules and procedures, including those established by the customer.
- Participate in monthly safety meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION: A recognized trade qualification as a Journeyman Electrician, Journeyman Millwright or equivalent qualification/experience in terms of skills and knowledge or an Associate’s degree in Industrial Electrical/Mechanical Technology with related field or equivalent experience.
EXPERIENCE: Min 1 year or depending on the Provincial Legislative requirements and CSA standards.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must have and maintain a good driving record, including a valid driver’s license. Must be willing, fit and able to work at heights/climb ladders/walkways. Must possess good computer, written and verbal communication skills. Must possess excellent customer interaction skills. Must be able to work overtime or as required by customer operations. Must be able to travel and work out of town as required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company car
- Company events
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Profit sharing
- Wellness program
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fort McMurray, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person