Required Immediately up to March 2024 with potential for longer term opportunities
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Supervisor & Rig Superintendent
LOCATION: Offshore Newfoundland, Canada
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for repair and maintenance of electronic, remote control and automation equipment used in operations as well as for compliance with HSE rules when performing the said works
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Valid Technical certificate from a recognized body
- 1+ years previous experience in an Instrumentation/Electronics role
- Previous experience on an offshore drilling rig would be considered an asset
- Offshore Training considered an asset
- Required training: Basic Survival Training, Hazardous Area EX Training, H2S Alive, Standrad First Aid,1-Day Offshore Fall Protection, Workplace NL Confined Space Entry
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background /Pre-Employment Screening Checks
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that all instruments/PLC’s/control networks/electrical equipment is maintained and repaired promptly. To investigate defects and submit reports as required
- Maintain a preventative maintenance programme in accordance with the Company’s repair and preventative maintenance procedures as directed by immediate supervisor
- Ensure that all equipment under their control complies with statutory requirements and is maintained at all times in a safe condition or is otherwise completely withdrawn from service
- Monitor any instruments/PLC’s/electrical equipment supplied by other contractors or sub-contractors to ensure that it is suitable for use
- Plan maintenance and repair tasks so as to minimize the effect on the drilling operation
- Carry out tasks as part of a multi-discipline maintenance team as operational requirements dictate
- Ability to read, update or modify any drawings, sketches or information on existing and replacement equipment as required or provides such information to management
- Other duties as required
The above is intended as a summary of the key requirements for the position and is not intended to be complete list of all duties and responsibilities.
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications, and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
To be considered for this position, candidates must apply specifically to this ad.
To apply please click the “apply” button.