Client Service Associate
MCA Cross Border Advisors (“MCA”), a leading cross-border advisory firm specializing in tax, financial planning and investment management. We are currently seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Client Service Associate to join our dynamic team. In this role, you will work closely with the firm’s Operations Manager, VP Portfolio Manager, CCO and other senior team members to provide essential operational client support to ensure the smooth investment management of our client accounts.
The Client Service Associate must be able to thrive in a dynamic environment with changing priorities and is a self-starter who takes initiative.
At MCA, we value individuals who are highly organized, detail-oriented, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. This role offers a unique opportunity to contribute to the establishment of our investment division and play a pivotal role in delivering exceptional service to our clients. If you possess the necessary skills and qualifications, we invite you to apply and be part of our dedicated team.
The Day-to-Day / Responsibilities
The Client Service Associate will be the primary point of contact for day-to-day client inquiries, and will act as a liaison between clients, the Investment Team, and custodians. Collaborating with the Investment Team to be solution-finding experts through the entire client experience will be essential in this role. This includes the initial development, onboarding, and ongoing servicing and maintenance of our relationships.
The ideal applicant will be responsible for encouraging high touch relationships with our clients. Your passion and focus for the client should come from a deep understanding and appreciation for the trust they have placed in us.
Client Service & Communication
- Manage efficient and accurate onboarding of new client relationships with respective custodians, by assisting the portfolio manager in opening new investment accounts for clients, including gathering necessary documentation and ensuring compliance.
- Prepare and review documents, including investment agreements, account applications, and legal disclosures, ensuring accuracy and adherence to internal and regulatory requirements.
- Provide an exceptional client experience through proactive, on-time delivery of information related to requests and needs, including, but not limited to; tax packages, EFTs, cheques, reporting, account information, combined with a focus on building personal relationships.
- Serve as first point of contact for client inquiries and provide timely and professional responses, demonstrating a strong understanding of investment products and services.
- Provide client transaction support activities such as: liaise/coordinate with operations team, ensure system inputs are correct, funds transferred, provide updates to Investment Team, client, custodians, as per established process determined by type of account.
- Facilitate the timely processing of transfers, distributions, and other transactions related to client accounts.
- Supporting the ongoing operational aspects of the firm including the investment and client service-related demands.
- Manage client inquiries, identify, and manage discrepancies by liaising with Investment Team to confirm client requirements as well as coordinating with custodian.
- Communicate directly with custodians on regular basis in cases of client issues.
- Communicate with custodians and other external stakeholders to address account-related matters, resolve issues, and ensure seamless coordination.
- Coordinating with MCA’s Financial Planning, Investment and Tax teams.
- Identify areas of process improvement; analyze risks/errors and propose ways to address and prevent.
- Collaborate with team members to streamline operational processes and contribute to ongoing improvements in efficiency and effectiveness.
- Collect and organize client data and investment-related information accurately and efficiently.
- Researching, evaluating, maintaining, and implementing appropriate technology solutions.
- Maintain meticulous records and update internal systems with relevant account information, transaction details, and client interactions.
- Stay updated on industry trends, regulatory changes, and best practices in investment management to provide informed support and contribute to the team's knowledge base.
- Supporting Chief Compliance Officer by ensuring operational functions are structured and maintained in a way consistent with regulatory compliance needs.
- Maintaining required books and records for regulatory compliance purposes.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in a client service role, preferably within a discretionary investment environment, bank, or financial institution.
- Previous working experience with custodians (National Bank, Interactive Brokers) or in investment operations, wealth management, or a similar role is highly desirable.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business administration, or a related field.
- Some investment industry knowledge is preferred. Canadian Securities Course (“CSC”) would be an asset.
- Familiarity with financial markets, investment products, and industry regulations (e.g., AMF, OSC, SEC, FINRA) is preferred.
- High level of proficiency in using relevant software applications, including Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and CRM systems.
- Experience with Salesforce and DocuSign would be a bonus.
- Ability to fluently communicate (written and oral) in French is not required but would be considered an asset.
- Excellent judgement
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent organizational skills to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities and a proactive mindset to identify and address issues proactively.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team-oriented environment and build effective relationships with colleagues and external partners.
- High level of integrity, discretion, and confidentiality when handling sensitive client information.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and a willingness to take on new responsibilities as the division grows.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills; able to communicate professionally both orally and in writing.
- A strong passion and consistent track record of successfully building relationships with high-net- worth clients.
- Strong analytical skills with regard to business analysis; understanding workflows, technology solutions and how to implement and evolve such solutions.
- Proven experience in self-directed technical-oriented problem-solving role.
- Programing knowledge considered an asset but not required.
- Knowledge of business analytics tools (Power BI) considered an asset but not required.
- Understanding of risk management principles and practices.
- Commitment to high ethical standards as well as a positive, cooperative attitude.
Head Office Location: Montreal, Quebec
Work From Home: WFH Full-Time or Hybrid
Employer: MCA Cross Border Advisors
Compensation: Salary + Bonus
Type: Full-Time Employment
We ask that all applicants submit a Cover Letter and current CV in a single consolidated file. Your cover letter should specifically address what interested you about this opportunity/organization as well as what contributions you believe you will provide the organization. Please submit your application through Indeed.
More information about the firm will be shared as we contact short-listed candidates.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $50,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
Supplemental pay types:
- Do you have any experience working with National Bank as a Custodian?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Financial services: 2 years (preferred)
- CSC (Canadian Securities Course) license (preferred)
Work Location: Remote