For over 75 years, Medavie Blue Cross has been a leading health and wellness partner for individuals, employers and governments across Canada. As a not-for-profit organization, we proudly invest in communities to help address some of Canada’s most pressing health care challenges. We are one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Life & Health Insurer of the Year for 2021 and an Imagine Canada Caring Company.
Our 2,400 professionals work across six provinces, united by our shared values of being caring, accountable, responsible, innovative and community-minded. We’re committed to ensuring our employees thrive in our award-winning, collaborative culture focused on ensuring health, wellness, and personal and professional growth through a variety of programs and support across our organization.
Together with Medavie Health Services, we are part of Medavie — a national health solutions partner with over 7,700 employees. Our mission is to improve the wellbeing of Canadians.
IT Data and Reporting Analyst, Health Information Team
Full Time Permanent
Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, PEI, Newfoundland, Ontario - Remote
Manager, Contract Management
We currently have an opening for an accountable, self-directed individual with strong data analytics and information management skills to join our Provincial Programs team. Our team partners with provincial governments to administer Medicare and Pharmacare programs for residents of Nova Scotia and New Brunswick.
As a Data and Reporting Analyst you will report to the Manager, Contract Management, and be part of the Health Information team. The Data and Reporting Analyst is responsible for responding to data-related requests from both internal and external stakeholders and providing statistical data and insights regarding activities within the Medicare and Pharmacare programs. The Data and Reporting Analyst also works closely with IT in the maintenance of our information systems and data warehouse supporting our department and government clients. The Data and Reporting Analyst must keep up-to-date on our government programs, policies and procedures and will work closely with internal stakeholders including staff, management teams, and IT, as well as external stakeholders.
Hours of work are 37.5 hours/week and individuals must be available to work between core business hours of 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. AST, Monday to Friday.
Work Status: Due to Security Clearance requirement, we need candidate to be in Canada from at least 5 years and their status should be Permanent Resident or Citizen now.
What we offer:
- Permanent full-time position with opportunity to grow in a well-established organization
- Flexible work arrangements and emphasis on work-life balance
- Remote and hybrid work options
- Comprehensive health, vision and dental plan that is 100% employer paid effective on your first day
- 100% employer-matched Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Annual Incentive Bonus which recognizes your contribution to our success.
- In addition to paid vacation, we offer a gifted week of vacation in your first year and an optional Vacation Purchase Program.
- An organization where we encourage personal learning and growth with opportunities for career development and advancement
- Providing wellness benefits, health resources and fitness center discounts
- Create and produce queries and reporting using a variety of programming methods/software packages (e.g., SQL, Microsoft Report Builder, and Power BI) including some legacy technology.
- Analyze requests for information and design query and reporting solutions to meet the needs of the business and customers.
- Provide reporting and data analysis on trends and utilization under the government programs.
- Maintain data dictionaries and other system and data-related documentation.
- Verify data to ensure accuracy of the data warehouse and perform associated quality assurance activities as needed.
- Acquire a thorough working knowledge of all provincial government programs and an understanding of the business processes impacting the data collected for each of these programs.
- Work with the business and our governments client to understand business and data needs, specifically conducting business and data analysis activities in projects that are moderate to high level in complexity.
- Facilitate the gathering of data and reporting requirements, and work with internal and external stakeholders to create and validate new reporting.
- Independently deliver business and data analysis on initiatives that are high risk or medium to high in complexity.
- Perform other assigned duties as required.
Education: University degree in Computer Science or a postgraduate certificate in Information Technology
- Minimum of two years’ work experience with SQL and data analysis and reporting. Must be able to write and modify queries from a database.
- Experience in insurance or government-funded health programs considered an asset.
- Business knowledge of Medavie systems, functionally, terminology and hierarchy would be considered and asset.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills with high technical aptitude.
Competency in SQL, advanced MS Excel, Power BI, and relational database/data warehousing concepts.
English – written and spoken
- Functional / Technical Skills
- High level of understanding of the interconnectivity between business needs and IT systems. Experience with architecture and information architecture would be considered an asset.
- Technical Learning
- Picks up on technical things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge; is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge-like internet technology; does well in technical courses and seminars.
- Problem Solving
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
- Learning on the Fly
- Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything; Adapts to changing products, tools and processes as our business evolves
- Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs; provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions; is timely with information.
- Written Communications
- Strives to provide the highest level of internal/external customer service by using their strong communication skills (oral, written, listening) and deliver information clearly and confidently.
- Customer Focus
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Execution and Organizational Skills:
- Priority Setting
- Spends his/her time and the time of others on what's important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- Works well with deadlines
- Works well under pressure or when urgent needs arise. Meets challenging deadlines while still producing high quality work, maintaining a calm and professional demeanour.
- Time Management
- Ability to analyze, prioritise and support the day-to-day technical operational data requests submitted by our business stakeholders.
- Peer Relationships
- Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
- Building Effective Teams
- Enjoys working in a highly collaborative, remote team environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Medavie Blue Cross strives to foster a culture where everyone is enabled to achieve their full potential - a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) where we live our values every day in the way we treat each other, our members and the communities we serve. Accessibility is a top priority.
For applicants with disabilities, we provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Medavie Blue Cross Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Segment: Database, Medical, Data Analyst, Data Warehouse, Computer Science, Technology, Healthcare, Data