To keep pace with the essential needs of our customers - we’re looking for full time truck operators, part-time may be considered.
Reporting directly to the Dispatching Manager, is responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of our various equipment, trucks plus trailer along with occasionally assisting our shop. This is a challenging role that will be hands-on and is a fundamental part of the delivery, mobilization and demobilization on all projects generally focused on the Greater Vancouver area and travels throughout Western Canada.
· Organization and cleanliness of trucks and materials is a MUST
· General labour and clean-up work required
· Delivery and pickup of equipment from job sites and suppliers
· Delivery of consumables (e.g. hoses, chemicals, liners)
· Submit delivery slips to the Operations Coordinator daily in order to facilitate timely and accurate billing.
· Aiding Field Techs and/or Shop Techs as required
· Review job site plans before site commission & plan equipment distribution/setup based on access, space available, etc.
· Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations, reporting any concerns
· Contribute to the safety committee, identifying hazards, making suggestions on how to help make a safe working environment.
· Load and unload trucks by crane or forklift, ensuring tie downs are done appropriately.
· Review Job sheet and/or As-Built before a job begins to understand scope of each job delivery.
· Promote a positive image of SCS equipment and services while providing exceptional customer service
Skills & Experience
· Valid Class 5 or 3 with air brakes endorsement British Columbia Driver's license .
· Clean driver's license abstract for past three years
· Post-secondary education in a technical or environmental field is preferred (BCIT, Kwantlen, etc.).
Certified Forklift Operator license, Fall Protection, Basic Slinging and Rigging Course, Confined Space Entry, TDG, Traffic Control, OFA Level 1 and WHIMIS is required
· 2+ years driving within an industrial environment to construction sites
· Experience with wastewater management systems
· Superior communication with internal and external customers
· Working with chemicals and technical equipment
· Determined work ethic willing to do what it takes to get the job done
· Demonstrated ability to follow instruction(s)
· Operation of these types of equipment would be an asset: Sweepers, Water truck, Sewer cleaners
Honesty, Respect, Accountability, Teamwork and Performance.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Wages: $24-$30 per hour DOE
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 24-40 per week
Salary: $24.00-$30.00 per hour
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Proof of full vaccination; require wearing mask at all our properties/job sites where minimum 2m physical distance is not possible.
Work Location: In person