We’re on the lookout for a Developer Team Lead to join our growing open source web analytics software company. In this role you will be managing a team of initially 2 other developers in the products team, likely to grow over the next year. The majority of the work is hands-on working on our Matomo core platform. We’re growing the team so there are plenty of opportunities to further your career.
At Matomo, we offer analytics products & services to enable our users to grow their business. We believe in openness, privacy and 100% data ownership. Our mission is to liberate analytics and we are passionate about measuring for success. That’s why we created Matomo Analytics, the leading open source analytics platform used on more than 1 million websites and apps in over 150 countries, available in more than 50 languages.
People leadership of the Matomo Core SW development team consisting of 2-4 engineers
- Within the Agile / Scrum framework, ensure team members have clearly defined work, and are able to focus on delivering their work effectively.
- Identifying and resolving impediments, and escalating appropriately.
- Planning development and training opportunities for the team to grow professionallyImprove the happiness and productivity of the team.
- Regular reporting and analysis to management to identify problems and opportunities for improvements.
- Participate in setting the strategy of the team with the stakeholders.
- Lead and participate in retrospectives, demonstrating and encouraging each participant to provide feedback with empathy.
- Manage the growth of the team - hiring and setting up processes for success.
- This is a hands-on role in the development when you’re not managing the team.
- Maintain and improve our Matomo Analytics products.
- Document product features and contribute to our user-facing knowledge base.
- Help make our development practices better.
- Collaborate seamlessly with our open source community
1+ year experience managing high performing teams.
- Leadership within an Agile / Scrum environment
- Ability to build, guide and mentor a team.
- High EQ - you are self aware, self regulated, motivated and empathetic, with great interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivation and passion for what you do. You strive for results.
- Excellent technical background, 7+ years commercial experience in web or product development.
- Strong analytical skills and a passion for it to understand complex business logic.
- Exquisite communication skills.
- Must be comfortable working in a 100% remote, global and agile environment.
Product company experience
- Proven ability to navigate areas of conflict in an open, positive and proactive way
- Experience with managing a global team (the team is across 2 continents)
- Experience with hiring and interviews
- Scrum certification (e.g. Scrum Master)
Unfortunately, we're unable to employ people from the United States. The applicant has to be located in Canada or be willing to move to New Zealand.
- 100% Remote work position
- You must be based in Canada
- A rewarding salary
- Remote work (save many hours on commute, and save money)
- Flexible hours
- 25 days of paid holidays per year plus your national public holidays
- Opportunity to have immediate impact
- Co-working space paid for and/or work from home
- All home office equipment paid for (laptop, desk, chair, standing desk, lights, etc.)
- Paid certifications & training as applicable
About InnoCraft and Matomo Analytics
At InnoCraft, we offer analytics products and SaaS to enable our users to grow their business. We believe in openness, privacy and 100% data ownership. Our mission is to liberate analytics and we are passionate about measuring for success. That’s why we created Matomo Analytics, the leading open source analytics platform used on more than 1 million websites and apps in over 150 countries, available in more than 50 languages. The Matomo platform collects, stores and processes a lot of information: hundreds of millions of data points each month. We create intuitive, simple and beautiful reports that delight our users.
We hire based on your ability to get the job done. At the same time we are proactive in making InnoCraft an inclusive work environment across race, gender, age, religion and identity. We celebrate the things that make you, you!
Come join our growing team that’s helping ensure a safer, more privacy focused web/internet!