WHO WE ARE:
At Great Plains Rail Contractors Inc. our work is getting and keeping Canada’s railway operators in motion – safely and
sustainably! We work coast-to-coast, in every railway sector, and on any size project. Our commitment is service excellence and offering our clients exceptional value. Within our team, we call this Doing It Right!
- This job will require travel throughout Western Canada for extended periods of time.
- This job will require working in all types of weather conditions.
- Due to the physically demanding nature of the position, candidates will be required to undergo fitness testing as a condition of employment
Reporting to the Superintendent or Project Manager, the Foreman is responsible for managing and directing a crew of workers to deliver a successful project by meeting or exceeding corporate and project goals. The Foreman must ensure safety, quality, profitability, and scheduling, resulting in customer satisfaction.
- Review all contracts, project documentation and plans to ensure that the work in the field is built to the most recent specifications and scope of work.
- Pre-plan work activities with Superintendent to develop best means and methods, including safety action plans.
- Plan the day-to-day operations on the assigned project, and ensure that proper resources are in place for the timely completion of work i.e., labour, equipment, and material.
- Take responsibility for crew performance as related to company goals, safety audits, administration of company policies and procedures.
- Conduct tailgate meetings. Initiate follow-up action as necessary including training, orientation, discipline, etc.
- Conduct daily briefing with crew to review production goals, performance feedback, safety and schedule, hazards, and to solicit feedback from the workers.
- Maintain a dedication to safety at all times by modeling, providing education and enforcing safe work practices, company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that proper safety equipment is available and used by all field personnel.
- Communicate with the Project Superintendent, Project Manager, General Contractor and customer to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction
- Communicate with sub-contractors to coordinate work, goals, etc.
- Perform a variety of related administrative tasks such as production reports, timesheets, equipment logs, inspection reports, change orders, and updating project files.
- Perform other related administrative or project based duties as assigned.
- Provide coaching and instruction to all crew members.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
The successful candidate for this role will demonstrate the following skills and experiences:
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills
- Organize, develop, and communicate schedules and goals to crew members
- Strong customer relations skills
- Use computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Perform physical work in a field environment including bending, lifting
- Safe use of hand and power tools
- Excellent vision and hearing.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Lead a team and motivate workers.
- Exercise sound judgment and give clear direction.
- Work effectively in a team environment as a contributing team player.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s license or equivalent
- High School Diploma is an asset
- Railway experience is preferred but will accept construction experience as well.
- Valid certification in CROR is an asset but we will train.
Training in First Aid, WHMIS, Confined Space, CSTS, and other mandatory courses as required.-
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Pay
- An industry leading comprehensive benefits program
- The opportunity to work with a great team where Safety is an integral part of our culture
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Great Plains Rail Contractors is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Railway: 2 years (preferred)
- Driving Licence (preferred)
Work Location: On the road