Responsible for assisting the material handling department, paint department, operate machinery, follow health and safety regulations and company policies.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
· Handle materials (inside shop and outdoors in yard)
· Operate basic hand tools and power hand tools i.e. Drills, Disc Grinders, etc.
· Operate equipment i.e. Metal Cutting Saws, Cutting Torches, Drills, Material Handling Equipment, Grinders, Overhead Cranes
· Perform work safely and follow established work procedures
· Perform General Tasks as assigned by the Production Lead and/or Shop Supervisor
· Paint Steel
· Basic reading and writing skills
· Knowledge and respect of shop safety
· Able to perform physically demanding work
· Ability to work in cold environments
· Ability to communicate orally
· Lifting 50+ lbs.
· Fast paced environment
· Repetitive tasks.
· Manual dexterity.
· Attention to detail.
· Hand-eye co-ordination.
· Bending numerous times, a day.
· Repetitive motions with hands, arms, and shoulders.
· Reaching above head.
· Balancing and kneeling.
· Climbing ladder and working at heights up to 15 to 20 feet.
· Wearing fall restraint equipment.
· Wearing mandated hard hats, safety glasses and safety boots.
· High School Diploma
· Forklift and/or Telehandler Certificate would be an asset
· Reading Text
· Working with others
· Problem Solving
· Oral Communication
· Decision Making
· Critical Thinking
· Continuous Learning
· Tape Measure skills
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $15.00-$23.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person