Lafarge is recruiting a Journeyperson Millwright to maintain, improve, and optimize the mechanical operations for our Marine Shop located in Richmond, BC. This is a permanent, full-time, hourly opportunity.
The primary responsibilities of this position are: keeping all plant production and service equipment in reliable operating condition and maintenance of equipment on the Plant. Millwrights at the Richmond Marine Shop perform planned and breakdown maintenance, including but not limited to:
- Service, repair, and install bilge pumps, motors, gears/drives, and hydraulic/pneumatic system
- Service and repair gearboxes, clutches, pumps, and vibrating screens.
- Service and repairs to fixed belt conveyors and portable hydraulic conveyors
- Service and repair the manual mooring winches and mooring lines.
- Maintain paper and electronic records
- Maintain shop equipment and Housekeeping.
- Complete reports to record problems and work performed
- Estimate parts and labor costs
- Maintain safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures
- Keep accurate records of work completed, parts used, and costs
- All other duties as assigned
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving, and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas
- Ensures that all work is performed in a safe and efficient fashion. The safety of the individual, coworkers, customers, and the general public is the primary requirement of any and all tasks undertaken.
- Proactively addresses breakdown events with a sense of urgency without compromising safety or product quality requirements.
- Actively inspects and monitors all mechanical equipment to ensure the majority of tasks performed are preventative rather than breakdown maintenance.
- Constantly in pursuit of building and maintaining a “best possible” group of facilities.
Teamwork and Communication:
- Works both individually and as part of a team to accomplish goals.
- Regularly communicates with operational and delivery coworkers and managers to identify and remove constraints of a mechanical or process nature.
- Keeps managers informed and takes responsibility for actions and decisions, both good and bad.
Experience and Skill Set:
- Minimum two (2) years of heavy manufacturing/mining/marine experience.
- A commitment to working safely
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Self-starter: Capacity to work as part of a team and independently
- Ability to work in various work environments (hot and cold).
- Reliable and dependable
- Experience operating heavy equipment, specifically a loader would be considered an asset
- Proficiency in welding, fabrication & rigging
- Valid driver's license
- Must be able to work overtime, weekends, and evenings as required by management
- Must be able to walk and stand for periods at a time
As part of our dedicated focus on the health and safety of all employees, a pre-employment medical, including drug and alcohol testing and a criminal record check, may be required.
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time, Full-time
Salary: $47.00-$53.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Relocation assistance
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Richmond, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you currently hold a millwright trade certification?
- millwright: 5 years (required)
Work Location: In person