Join OCAD University for an incredible opportunity to use your marketing skills and experience for good in a community that values creativity. Other benefits include a generous pension plan, a flexible hybrid work schedule and the ability to work with Canada’s top artists and designers.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Marketing and Communications, the Director Marketing is responsible for the ongoing strategy, development and execution of OCAD University (OCAD U) marketing, advertising, content marketing, public web services, social media and brand-building activities.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Lead the planning, development and execution of OCAD U’s marketing strategies and plans
- Manage and oversee the web development team
- Manage and oversee the social media manager
- Manage and oversee videographer/photographer content creators
- Manage the OCAD U marketing and website budgets and contracts, including sourcing and negotiating with vendors
- Plan and execute all advertising campaigns, including researching and developing creative briefs for out-of-home, experiential, web, SEO/SEM, mobile, marketing database, social media and display advertising
- Write and edit marketing and advertising copy
- Source and chase stories that advance OCAD U’s marketing objectives and develop creative briefs for execution
- Oversee and manage work of external digital media buying agency
- Execute out-of-home advertising buys
- Establish marketing campaign objectives and metrics and provide regular reports to university senior leadership
- Manage the ongoing planning, design, production, integration and development of digital services including OCAD U’s websites, mobile, campaign and relation management systems, digital and social monitoring platforms
- Lead the implementation and monitoring of OCAD U web/digital analytics, including synthesizing data to lead and plan strategy for growth of web services
- Oversee online strategy for marketing, brand-building, accessibility, standards compliance, usability and system design
- Measure and report performance of all marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Ensure the adherence to organizational brand and visual identity across all platforms and ensure that the university’s image is consistently and appropriately represented internally and externally
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights
- Develop and execute new and creative growth strategies
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end experience across multiple cross platform channels and touch points
- Evaluate emerging technologies; provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
- Support the Executive Director, Marketing and Communications in other related duties that contribute to the successful operation of the Marketing & Communications department
- Post-secondary degree in marketing or a related field
- A minimum of seven (7) years of progressive experience working in marketing, digital and content marketing
- Demonstrable experience creating, leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising marketing campaigns and creative that engage, inform and motivate
- Experience in creating and executing impactful and cost-effective content marketing campaigns
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user experience and funnels
- Experience with advertising creative testing and multivariate experiments
- Knowledge of website analytics tools
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in marketing and measurement
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to meet deadlines with conflicting priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and experience writing effectively for different audiences
- Proven supervisory experience and managing work teams
- Demonstrated commitment to the principles of equity and diversity, and experience promoting a respectful work and learning environment for students, staff and faculty
Compensation: $109,097 - $128,327, plus benefits.
Hours of Work: Monday - Friday, for a total of 35 hours per week.
This is a hybrid role which is subject to change depending on the needs of the department.
Application Deadline: Interested applicants are invited to submit an updated resume and cover letter (PDF) . The review of applications begins immediately and continues until Friday, September 29, 2023.
As an employer committed to employment equity, we encourage applications from members of equity-seeking communities including women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions.
We encourage members of designated equity-seeking groups to self-identify within the voluntary Applicant Questionnaire.
In order to alleviate the under-representation of racialized and Indigenous administrators, priority in hiring will be given to qualified racialized and Indigenous persons who self-identify as such in the application process. This initiative is a special program under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
OCAD University is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free experience to applicants with accessibility needs. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage during the recruitment process. Please contact People & Culture for more information or refer to OCAD U’s Policy of Accommodation in Employment for Persons with Disabilities
All qualified persons are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those short-listed will be contacted.