Ross Memorial Hospital (RMH) is an active, acute-care community hospital located in the heart of the City of Kawartha Lakes. Among our acute and continuing care services, our team cares for 45,000 patients per year in the 24/7/365 emergency department, provides orthopedics and ophthalmology, operates a dialysis unit, and is renowned for its mental health programs and restorative seniors care. The Ross family takes pride in providing compassionate, quality patient care.
The Nursing Float Pool is currently seeking a Permanent Full-Time Registered Practical Nurse to join their team.
June 5, 2023
***Ross Memorial Hospital qualifies for the Government of Canada's Student Loan Forgiveness Program***
***Ross Memorial Hospital is participating in the Community Commitment Program for Nurses (CCPN)***
- Current registration and member in good standing with College of Nurses of Ontario, compliant with the Professional Standards and Standards of Practice for RPNs
- BCLS or current CPR certification essential, on hire
- Work Experience with non-invasive wound dressings required
- Post diploma courses and/or specialty experience in rehabilitation, palliative care and/or gerontology. Commitment to principles of care in these specialty areas is required
- Demonstrated skill in provision of supportive care for patients & families in complex situations
- Demonstrated skill in safe/correct techniques for transferring and positioning patients
- Experience with and demonstrated skill in providing client - centred care models
- Experience in a high performance interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development
- Demonstrated effective communication skills with patients, families and professional team members, and community partners
- Professional practice reflects Ross Memorial corporate and CCP Program vision, values and goals
- Must be able to fulfill physical requirements of the job, as per current Physical Demands Analysis
- Physical Assessment Course preferred (if not part of diploma program)
- Trained in EPIC - training can be provided, but must pass required testing.
Hours of Work
Must be available to work twelve hour shifts, days and nights, Monday to Sunday. Shifts and hours may change according to departmental requirements and as per the CUPE Collective Agreement.
Ross Memorial Hospital is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities. Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process at the request of the applicant.
Employees must meet expectations for appropriate, respectful and professional conduct, as set out in the RMH Code of Conduct.