Business Intelligence (BI) Developer/Analyst, IT
Toronto – Job #5453
Who we are:
Canaccord Genuity (CG) is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets. CG is driven by an unwavering commitment to build lasting client relationships – we achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional, and corporate clients through comprehensive wealth management solutions and investment banking services. We are a leading independent wealth management firm in Canada, and the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions.
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and finding innovative, bespoke solutions. Our entrepreneurial and friendly team will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and collaboration and strive to eliminate bureaucratic thinking. We’re looking for talented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to have an impact with innovative ideas and best practices.
Come be a part of our Canadian success story and help deliver superior experiences for our clients. At CG, we recognize that diversity across our business strengthens our client relationships and enables more innovative solutions. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. CG provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a BI Developer/Analyst to join our team. Reporting to the Manager, Business Intelligence Team, this role will be responsible for the analysis, design, development and deployment of BI applications using Microsoft Business Intelligence tools. This role will provide highly valued client and business intelligence that drives the planning, management and measurement of our business.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to communicate effectively in technical and non-technical environments. Additionally, they will display excellent collaboration and organizational skills, including the ability to maintain exceptional client support and prioritize tasks.
Skills & Qualifications
- Answer enquires regarding business logic in reports/dashboards;
- Troubleshoot issues in reports and SSIS packages;
- Be able to create/modify SQL Server jobs and SSIS packages and other database objects (views, stored procedures, triggers, etc.);
- Be the liaison between Toronto business departments and the Vancouver team
- Able to facilitate work between Toronto and Vancouver
- Willing to work outside of normal business hours if required;
- Analyze, define, design, build and deliver dynamic and static reports;
- Provide maintenance and support for BI production environments (MS SSRS, PowerBI);
- Provide BI user training and support;
- Continually examine how BI business applications are being utilized and recommend and implement improvements;
- Create documentation and business metadata;
- Create and communicate business reporting standards;
- Ensure only high-quality information is presented to the business community.
- 2 - 5 years of experience with knowledge of the Microsoft BI Platform (SQL Server, SSRS, PowerBI, SSIS);
- 4+ years of experience with SQL/data manipulation;
- 3+ years of experience in a BI Development environment, with Business Systems Analysis experience preferred;
- Completion of a relevant technical post-secondary degree or diploma;
- Knowledge of Equity Markets, Investment Banking, Trading, Capital Markets;
- Knowledge of CRM platforms;
- Strong documentation skills;
- Solid understanding of BI terminology and concepts;
- Strong business analysis, process mapping, business process redesign and implementation skills;
- Highly organized and detail oriented;
- Action oriented with excellent facilitation skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Analytical with the ability to grasp abstract concepts.