Just Quality International Inc. is a young, dynamic, and fast-growing food company based in Toronto. We are brokers, importers, and distributors, supplying the North American market with premium frozen fruits and vegetables, sourced from all over the globe. Our clients include the largest industrial and food service customers in Canada and the United States. We pride ourselves in being a food company that puts quality above all else, in our services and products. Learn more about us at www.jqinternational.com.
Our Quality team is growing and is adding a Quality Systems Coordinator to work on-site in our corporate office. The position reports to the Quality Assurance Manager and works collaboratively with the Logistics and Sales teams. This role may require some travel to audit our suppliers.
The individual will:
● Develop, implement, and audit procedures in keeping with JQI’s quality system to achieve its quality objectives and regulatory requirements
● Audit manufacturing facilities where required
● Perform appropriate risk assessments to ensure suppliers can meet quality assurance, food safety and regulatory requirements
● Manage supplier compliance documents ensuring they are current; simultaneously update customers’ documentation platforms
● Participate in the development, review, and approval of product labels
● Develop product specifications in conformance with US and Canadian Grade standards and customer requirements
● Review and approve COAs
● Document, investigate, and respond to customer complaints, following up with suppliers on RCA and CAPAs
● Analyze and trend customer complaints using statistical charts
● Post-Secondary Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, or a related field
● Minimum 5 years of experience in Quality Assurance experience in food manufacturing
● Must have Certification as a PCQI or Quality System Internal Auditor
● Demonstrable experience implementing and auditing HACCP or GFSI standards
● Experience with organic certification - USDA NOP or COP an asset
● Knowledgeable of FDA or CFIA labeling regulations
● Experience in thermal processing an asset
● Excellent organizational, multitasking, and time management skills
● Detail-oriented; works well unsupervised
● Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including pivot tables and statistical charts
● Excellent oral and written English
START DATE: September 2023.
We thank all applicants; however, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
- Are you a certified PCQI?
- Are you a certified Quality Systems Internal Auditor?
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- quality assurance: 3 years (required)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-09-17