Gateway Mechanical has grown to be the industry leader in the maintenance and installation of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems across Western Canada. We have a diverse portfolio of commercial, institutional, and industrial clients. We service our market through our 19 locations, 300 employees, and a well-equipped service fleet. With a results-driven culture, we are committed to delivering outstanding customer service.
At Gateway Mechanical, the extraordinary is possible to achieve in the role of IT Business Analyst!
At Gateway Mechanical, we’re focused on providing the best possible customer service in safe, effective, and innovative ways.
Founded in 1968, Gateway Mechanical is a privately owned company that has established itself as a leader in the commercial and industrial refrigeration, heating, and air conditioning industry (HVACR). Attending to 40,000+ service calls per year, Gateway is the largest HVAC & Refrigeration service provider in Western Canada. Our model is comprised of local branch teams with fully qualified personnel representing HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing/gas fitting, sheet metal and electrical trades. These teams are supported by centers of excellence including professional engineers and project managers which ensures Gateway’s full technical capability is available for every project and service call.
The IT Business Analyst will be designing, developing, and implementing database and reporting solutions, custom dashboards, and intelligence reporting solutions to inform business decisions through collaboration with stakeholders and cross functional teams to define, design and deploy solutions that meet the company and client needs. Ability to learn and adapt existing systems to future organizational and process needs will be the key to success in this job.
- Research, develop, deploy and modify data collection systems and processes from multiple internal and external data sources, including the potential use of new technologies such as externally contracted artificial intelligence services;
- Develop techniques for gathering, validating, and analyzing collected data to ensure accuracy and reliability;
- Analyze and understand business processes through the lens of data collection to develop data driven, automated business key performance indicators to measure the efficiency of business process and minimization of waste;
- Interpret, evaluate and integrate internally generated and externally collected data sources to provide business intelligence;
- Troubleshoot and support end users with software applications and IT tools.
- Support the business teams by understanding business requirements and where the relevant data may be located in which systems;
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and strategies with technology solutions;
- Produce dashboards, visualizations, and reports for the business which present business information relevant to monitor and improve business performance;
- Ensure testing and troubleshooting is carried out prior to publishing dashboards and reports to the end user;
- Stay up to date on new releases and updates to intelligence gathering and reporting tools and provide insight to business teams on enhancement opportunities;
- Create and maintain documentation and training for internal processes and procedures to ensure continuity of Business Intelligence Analyst function;
- Ability to provide coverage for some IT responsibilities on an as needed basis (i.e., vacation coverage, etc.);
- Streamline and enhance BI request process and provide training to all stakeholders;
- Work with key stakeholders to identify opportunities for self-serve and multi-dimensional analysis tools;
- Implement data validation checks for a variety of data sources to ensure consistency with front-end reports.
Perks of Working at Gateway Mechanical:
- A diploma or bachelor’s degree in business or related field;
- 2-4 years of experience in business intelligence analysis or related field;
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills;
- Fluency in SQL development and an understanding of database and data warehousing technologies
- Experience with Active Directory, managing groups and users, permissions an asset
- Experience with Microsoft 365, Exchange Online, Azure AD an asset
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Expert level skills in Microsoft Office Productivity Suite (Excel VBA);
- Expert level skills and relevant accreditations in Microsoft (Power BI, SQL Server (Query writing, database relationship knowledge), Power Apps, PowerShell, Power Automate, SharePoint);
- Intermediate to expert level skills in data collection/exportation and reporting from non-integrated systems (currently: Data-Basics (DB Analytics, SAMPro ERP, TechAnywhere), Salesforce, Ceridian Dayforce, Zendesk, TELUS Business Connect);
- Work closely with other departments on data-metrics-related needs excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills;
- Excellent communication and documentation skills;
- Significant experience creating detailed reports and presenting information.
- Extended health care benefits
- Dental benefits
- RRSP matching
- Life insurance
- Health Care Spending Account
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible work schedule
- Competitive salary
- Great team environment
The Future is Bright. Come Grow with Us!
If you are ready to discover your crazy potential then we want to hear from you!