Hardware Design Engineer
At ZeroKey we have one mission; to drive optimization through digital transformation. So much of our world remains invisible to our digital technology and thus untouchable by digital solutions. Through digitization of an object’s location, we can bring presence to objects and expand our capabilities to solve mission critical enterprise problems, from the most complex to the simplest.
The Hardware Design Engineer is responsible for the design, development, and verification of the hardware used in Zerokey’s ultra low power real time indoor location systems. The successful applicant will have a very strong technical background with exceptional organizational, project planning and interpersonal skills. As part of the Hardware Engineering team, this position will report directly to the Hardware Team Lead.
Who are you?
- Highly motivated, independent, methodical individual with a strong systems level understanding of the product development lifecycle
- Collaborates with members of the team as well as other groups in the company
- History of troubleshooting success with intuitive feel for diagnostic methods
- Engineering Degree or technologist certification with real world experience
General Role & Responsibilities
- Design and simulation of analog circuits using industry standard tools such as LTSpice, PSpice, or similar software.
- Component creation, schematic capture, and layout of advanced high density, ultra low power PCBs.
- System testing and integration of various hardware products.
- Design high volume products that adhere to DFT and DFM methodologies.
- Develop manual and fully automated test systems for sub assemblies/PCBs/end products for production.
- Take a hands-on approach to the design, construction, and validation of equipment and test fixtures for both our prototypes and production products to ensure Zerokey quality standards.
- Integrate seamlessly with team members, production staff and other stakeholders to determine optimal test procedures, coverage, and required reporting.
- Coordinate between Quality Control and Operations to ensure all products meet operational specifications and quality requirements.
- Manage hardware, mechanical and software lifecycles for all test fixtures.
- Conduct product specification validation including electrical requirement testing, temperature range validation, water/moisture ingress protection as well as protection against other environmental factors.
- Bachelor’s degree or Technical Diploma with equivalent professional experience
- Minimum 3 years of related industry experience
- Experience with electrical design tools for schematic capture and PCB layout (Altium Designer)
- Strong analog design experience including circuit simulation, schematic capture, PCB layout, design verification.
- Experience with various test equipment; Oscilloscope, Spectrum Analyzer, etc.
- Familiarity with industry certification standards and regulations, such as UL, CE, FCC/IC, etc.
- Ability to read and write efficient code; C/C++, Python or equivalent.
- Familiar with version control systems such as git
- Self-motivated and driven to meet current as well as long term goals
- Ability to independently manage time to meet project deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Stock options
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Industry: 3 years (required)
- Analog Circuit and PCB design: 3 years (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Calgary, AB