We are professional, agile, innovative, and our goal is to become the number one choice when it comes to home care service delivery in the whole of Ottawa and also to be amongst the top 20 home and health care service providers in Canada within the next 10 years. We are committed to helping our clients lead dignified and independent lives, whether they prefer to stay in the comfort and safety of their own home or in any other home care or medical facility, by carefully assessing and fully understanding their needs and selectively placing qualified personnel to meet those needs.
Our work environment includes:
We are seeking a Support Worker to assist seniors and / or patients with day to day activities. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing emotional, physical, and mental support to seniors and / or patients in the community by helping them with household chores and transportation.
- Look after the well being of clients.
- Maintain a clean and safe home environment for clients.
- Teach clients skills that help them live independently.
- Provide clients support in their personal and social development.
- Answer incoming telephone calls, screen referrals, schedule appointments for clients, and give appropriate referral information to these callers.
- Create individualized activity programs for clients; Read documents from various sources such as government agencies, court reports, newspapers, and magazines to gather information about organizations or people.
- Write case management reports and activity program plans.
- Provide information to individuals who are searching for a disability service provider.
- Provide advocacy services to clients on issues of benefits, health insurance, and housing assistance.
- Continue to grow professionally through training opportunities.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Salary: $19.00-$25.00 per hour
Work Location: In person