Rupertsland Institute (RLI) is an affiliate of the Métis Nation of Alberta and has a mandate in education, training, and research. With a decentralized network of 10 METI-Service Centres, in addition to two mobile service units, RLI designs and delivers training and education services to more than 140,000 Alberta Métis.
The RLI Vision is: "A Skilled and Knowledgeable, Self-Reliant Métis Nation."
The RLI Mission is: "To enhance the self-sufficiency and well-being of Alberta Métis through quality education, training, and research."
For more information about RLI and its services and programs, visit us at www.rupertsland.org
Industry Relations Liaison will perform a range of duties associated with Apprenticeship Services Programs mandate in collaboration with local employers, industries, networks, and unions by increasing employment and training opportunities.
· Researches opportunities for strategic partnership, development strategies and work plans across Alberta;
· Develops and implements an ongoing strategy for the identification of prospecting and stewardship of external partners, that will lead to employment and training opportunities;
· Identifies employers, unions and and professional bodies and manages the participation of industry partners in the proposal preparation process, to aid in leveraging industry-sponsored funding and helping to cultivate and secure appropriate partnership agreements and employment and training opportunities;
· Markets the Employer Partnership Program to industry and organizations focused on closing the labour market gap in specific occupations;
· Plans for and develops strategic collaborative relationships with local and provincial employers, industry, and provincial organizations to increase employment opportunities for Alberta Métis;
· Analyzes, evaluates and interprets collected information to target the most suitable partner or collaborating employers that support RLI programs and organizational goals;
· Identify research programs or project opportunities and bring industry participants onboard as partners and plans occasional events to bring industry partners together;
· Researches and compiles labour market research to support the regional manager's activities.
· Collaborates with the Regional Team Services and Employment Services team to identify specific outreach and partnership needs and employment opportunities;
· Collaborates in the coordination of job-development activities of Regional Métis Training to Employment Staff
· Acts as a liaison between RLI MTE team and employers to market METI-Services job-seeking clients to employers and facilitate onboarding of MTE clients when required;
· Encourages and engage employers to provide industry- and occupation-specific input and expertise into the programs, projects and to develop orientation opportunities (e.g., workplace tours, Q&A, or networking sessions), acting as a liaison between employers and MTE Regional staff;
· Provides a leadership role in developing and acquiring a Job Seeker/ Employer Match database;
· Travel as required;
· Other duties as assigned.
· A minimum of 3 years' related experience with demonstrated success in meeting targets, developing strategic collaboration and partnership opportunities.
· Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field, Business Managment or a related field is an asset, or equivalent post-secondary training and related experience will be considered;
· Confident communicator with demonstrated skills in building and maintaining business relationships;
· Strong presentation skills using various tools and formats, in-person and online;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
· Strong interpersonal, networking, negotiation, and collaboration skills;
· Proficient in internal databases, and Microsoft Office software;
· Knowledge of the barriers facing Métis people;
· Experience in project management and/or coordination of activities;
· Strong knowledge of Alberta industry sectors and the local labour market, established industry contacts considered an asset;
· Understanding of unionized environments;
· Able to work effectively as part of a team.
· Valid Alberta driver's license and access to a vehicle.
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Contract length: 8 months
Salary: From $60,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Business/ Sales: 3 years (preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: In person