ANDRITZ. Where passion meets career.
Every day, ANDRITZ continues to deliver successful innovative solutions to our customers globally. Why are we so successful? Because we are passionate and love what we do! We are at the forefront of future engineering technologies, with solutions that ensure the success of our clients in key industries that are shaping the future of the world we live in.
ANDRITZ offers a hybrid work arrangement, combining teleworking and attendance in the office. *You will be based at one of our offices in the Greater Montreal Area*. #Hybrid #HybridPosition
By joining Andritz, you will be part of a dynamic team, working in a unique and exciting industry.
The Andritz Group is a leading global supplier of productions systems and services in each of its Business Areas. In the Hydro Power Business Area, Andritz supplies turnkey electromechanical equipment and services for hydropower plants.
Andritz is looking to hire a lawyer in Canada primarily to support its Canadian Hydro Power business. The successful candidate will provide:
- Legal and contractual risk management support for all stages of Hydro power projects in North America, including reviewing, commenting, drafting and assisting in the preparation and negotiation of project contracts as well as providing advice on various project management matters including administration of claims or other dispute resolution procedures.
- The candidate will manage outside counsels when necessary and will be consulted to render advice regarding various day-to-day operational matters.
- The candidate will travel primarily within Canada, with limited additional travel outside of Canada occasionally required.
The position will be located in Pointe-Claire and will report to the Andritz Chief Canadian Legal Counsel for North America, based in Pointe-Claire.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have experience in a company in-house legal department and/or a law firm, including exposure to contract negotiation and project execution issues.
- Must possess strong analytical skills; good judgement; sound business acumen; negotiation and dispute resolution experience; the ability to produce exceptional written work product; as well as excellent communication and diplomatic skills.
- The successful candidate will: adapt quickly to new situations; handle many files at the same time; assess and manage risk (legal and commercial) and be solutions oriented.
- Must be fluently bilingual (written and oral) and must be able to negotiate and review both civil and common law-based contracts.
This position offers career development potential and an excellent opportunity to become a key advisor to the business.
- Legal status to work in Canada is required.