Who are we?
We are a premium natural health company from British Columbia, Canada, obsessed with helping people live healthier for over 30 years now!
As trendsetters in the health industry, we strongly believe everyone should have accessibility to natural wellness solutions. We are award-winning innovators, whose collective commitment is to offer the highest-quality standards and put our customers first.
Why work for Organika?
Working with us means you will belong to a team of driven individuals who thrive in a versatile and ever-changing environment. We are on a journey to achieve our vision of being the #1 guide for natural health in Canada…and beyond and we are looking for individuals who are genuinely excited about this!
Certified as a Great place to Work® and a Diversity Equity Inclusion Workplace™ we are serious about providing an environment that supports happy, healthy, and hungry individuals achieve their personal and professional dreams. With over 70% of our team holding nationalities outside of Canada, and the ability to speak over 25 different languages, we are a team that welcomes everyone.
Aside from being a part of a globally recognized brand, there are some great benefits as well! Enjoy a bunch of OrganiPerks at your fingertips, including access to an on-site RHN, yoga, guided mediation, professional development allowance, fitness reimbursements, product discounts... just to name a few.
Want to know more about the role?
With the flexibility to work from home, a coffee shop, from the top of a mountain or at our Head Office based in Vancouver BC, this role will take responsibility for the overall success and building of the US strategy in a fast paced and innovative company.
You will be responsible for providing leadership, oversight, and implementation of the company’s US sales objectives from business development to sales and marketing strategies which drive the success of our financial goals. Reporting to the CEO, this position will be responsible for all of our US Business from head to toe.
Let’s get into the detail. This role will:
- Establish USA sales targets to meet company objectives and for developing strategic sales plans based on company goals that will promote sales growth and customer satisfaction. The role builds and manages aspects of a sales department inclusive of management, account management and business analytics. This includes developing and implementing innovative programs and approaches to maximize new revenue with prospects.
- Start as a stand alone role and build a go to market plan and strategy creating sales targets while ensuring timely follow-up on open quoted opportunities
- Assess the amount of resources required by the US sales department in order to achieve optimal performance, leading to financial benefit for the business. This role manages sales activities and ensures reports are created that are presented to senior sales management for use in strategic decision making.
- A key component is to prospect and hunt new business opportunities that make sense from a channel/product/brand perspective in the USA.
- Lead the US sales strategy of all products including Assortment, Merchandising, Pricing and Shelving initiatives. They also build new sales department strategies and weighs them against their experience on results in order to identify areas of opportunity and presents this information to senior management for consideration and approval.
- Identify and develop new market opportunities for the business whilst maintaining and improving existing relationships. In this capacity, the role develops and maintains knowledge of consumer, competitor, and market trends.
- Lead sales planning the sales operations input to the demand planning being a key contributor and driver of the S&OP process with operations and marketing
- Provide guidance, support and recommendations on the utilization of shopper marketing dollars
- Participate in trade shows, sales workshops, sales seminars, and events on behalf of the business in order to ensure that the business grows to its potential
- Require a high degree of collaboration, partnering up with finance, marketing, production, ensuring that strategies and objectives are aligned is critical to the success of this role. This includes providing sales insights (competition, pricing for all innovation and new go to market initiatives.
- Coordinate and facilitate communication with strategic partners, brokers, consultants, and distributors as required
- Oversee category management processes & reporting systems, ensure sales presentations are done with fact-based data and insights to assist in executing account specific 4P’s strategies.
- Full ownership and management with customer capabilities team on trade spend management
- Oversee all US Sales Reporting, Budgeting, Forecasting, Demand Planning, and alignment to Marketing
- Lead the yearly US budgeting process and participate and support the yearly long range planning process
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
Who would thrive in this position?
You are an innovative and hungry individual who has the humility to learn and develop alongside your team.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Minimum 8-10 years of progressive experience in sales management within the USA Natural Health or CPG industry
- Previous experience managing USA Speciality, FDM and Club customers
- Sales planning experience and be customer focused
- Demonstrated experience in developing high performing sales teams
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office as well as demonstrate strong analytical skills and an ability to assimilate complex data and information and will be highly proficient with research solutions to sales as well as effectiveness measurement systems.
- Goal oriented, competitive and well organized
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, across all levels of the business and external stakeholders
- Developed skills in leading and creating high performing teams
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to details
- High energy and passion for Organika’s vision and mission
If this sounds like a journey you want to be a part of, reach out!
#livingthedream #dreamjob #lovewhatyoudo #loveyourwork