Who we are:
We are Accident Support Services International. We are a privately owned company that works in partnership with Police Services across Ontario and Alberta to provide collision reporting solutions for non-injury collisions.
As Customer Service Representative of our Peterborough Collision Reporting Centre (located within the Peterborough Police Station), you will be a part of the most important part of our business, the front line. You will be responsible for preparing collision reports, photographing damaged vehicles, & assisting drivers in the initial stages of reporting their collision to their Insurer.
As Customer Service Representative, your main duties and responsibilities include:
- Greet visitors, determine their needs and direct them accordingly through the reporting process;
- Communicate the reporting process with clients and explain the necessary information required to proceed;
- Respond to telephone inquiries or forward callers to the appropriate person or authority;
- Evaluate whether a collision meets the eligibility requirements to be reported at the collision reporting centre (CRC);
- Verify driver documents (licence, ownership, and insurance);
- Interview drivers to determine collision details;
- Data enter information using custom software in order to produce collision report for the Police, Insurance and the Ministry of Transportation;
- File reports or retrieve as required;
- Photograph vehicle damage and upload images into collision report; to be done outdoors, in all weather conditions;
- Organize and co-ordinate workflow between CRC and Police personnel;
- Operate digital scanner to transfer paper documents to digital file database; and
- Assist drivers in the initial stages of reporting to Insurance.
You would be a great fit if you have the following:
- Successful completion of High School diploma;
- One to two (1-2) years of experience in an accounting, administration, customer service or retail position; previous experience with data entry is an asset;
- Able to undergo and pass additional background testing; complete criminal background check;
- Available to work flexible hours and shifts as required; Reoccurring shifts: Wednesdays - 5 hours, Saturdays - 6 hours; Casual coverage when necessary
- Excellent keyboarding and customer service skills are a requirement;
- Data entry experience would be an asset;
- Proficient written and oral communication skills;
- Must have high attention to detail;
- Must have basic knowledge of computer programs;
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision; and
- Must have the ability to manage frequently changing priorities in a fast paced and often high-pressure environment.
What we offer
Working with us, you will be provided with a unique work experience, as you will be the face of the company assisting citizens in reporting their collision to the Police, their insurance company as well as the Ministry of Transportation. At Accident Support Services International, we provide competitive compensation packages; continuous training; job stability; and many opportunities for career development.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $16.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Driving Licence (preferred)
Work Location: One location