Our client is a leading , world wide Fortune 500 Telecom vendor that works with Canada's top Carriers and they are looking to add a 5G RF Engineer to their team.
We are now looking for a Senior Radio Network Specialist to lead from the front on RF service deliveries related with Radio Access Network KPI assurance, tuning and optimization. Engage in the whole process from pre-sales of services and networks to service delivery and acceptance. With a focus on executing design, audit and optimization of services, build the solution and the service process!
- Responsible for the RF engineering design and system performance of wireless network.
- Responsible for Radio systems design and performance for GSM/UMTS/LTE/NR technology
- Apply propagation theory, cellular theory, RF engineering tools and antenna theory to select cell site placement, antenna height, site configuration, tilt and power to maximize coverage, capacity and performance of the network.
- Generate RND with site specific parameters and perform site acceptance including parameter verification and KPI monitoring
- Use network performance tool to analyze network stats and pinpoint performance issues of wireless network
- Understand In-building design and optimization
To be successful in the role you must have
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience with a bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Telecommunications, Computer Science or equivalent.
- A minimum of 1 to 2 years work experience on 5G Network architecture ENDC/SA/NSA and Optimization.
• Recent experience in radio network design, implementation and/or tuning/optimization systems. • Respected for your knowledge of 3GPP (5G/LTE/UMTS) radio access network design, deployment and optimization.
- Lead large engineering teams addressing multiple markets performing analytical, investigative, and/or design activities related to Radio Access systems including but not limited to 5G, LTE & UMTS.
- Technical Leadership experience required to manage the delivery of network planning and optimization projects according to the agreed scope of work (SoW), while managing customer’s expectations and schedule of acceptance.
- Identifies opportunities for and participates in developing functional details of new services and products, process and methodology changes, analytical tools and techniques. Develops scope of work and bid rationale for new opportunities and provides feature/benefit descriptions for business development.
- Performs critical (sometimes escalated) performance activities in customer projects independently. These may include complex problem solving in projects with performance requirements and cross functional product environment.
- Detailed understanding and experience in 5G/LTE radio network optimization. Analysis of KPIs, investigation and improvement of network quality problems.
• Able to make recommendations in parameter changes, feature activations on drive test data to improve the system performance. • Detailed understanding of optimization tools and Geo-Location tools (Ex: ActixOne)
- Familiar with Canadian Benchmarking Tests (Umlaut, PCMag…etc.)
• Strong technical, organizational and interpersonal skills • Result oriented with focus on product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to operate with high degree of independence, while managing project and customer expectations.
- Interface with customer on large scale projects at regional or National level, and guide the team as needed.
- Ability to identify and interpret customer requirements and develop plans to address them.
- Ability to coordinate activities with various Ericsson departments, divisions and companies.
- Leads development of complex documents, proposals, and presentations defining structure and content. Delivers proposals and presentations to high level executives.
- Consistently shares ideas and understanding with colleagues via written documents and oral presentations.
- Passionate about automation, data science, and machine learning.
- Proficient with MS Office
- Ericsson Radio Access Network Experience
- Project Management Skills
- Working knowledge in MS-Excel Macro or Python automation skills
- Advanced knowledge in any programming languages (Python, Java Script etc.) is a big plus.
- Working knowledge with Data Visualization tools (Power BI, Tableau etc.) would be an added advantage.