As a locally owned landmark hotel, the Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites has earned a reputation for serving excellence. We offer a variety of positions under one roof, creating a great opportunity for mobility and growth. Our most essential resource is our employees. Join the best team in Halifax and be a part of the legend!
Reporting to the Director of Sales, the Senior Sales Manager works in conjunction with the existing sales team to develop new business through prospecting initiatives, outside sales calls and sites. The successful candidate will build on existing account performance by market and increase revenues in their specified areas.
The Senior Sales Manager achieves group revenue goals by actively up selling each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity. The successful candidate implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- Manage designated market segments and increase market share.
- Initiate sales calls, follow up on leads, and conduct sales presentations.
- Align with the hotel's business strategy and develop action plans.
- Monitor room revenue and occupancy, optimizing same-day selling procedures.
- Build and maintain client relationships, finding solutions that align with hotel goals.
- Represent the property at business development and industry events.
- Maintain professional communication with clients and coworkers.
- Assist in setting and achieving sales goals, including proposal and contract completion.
- Deliver service excellence and support relationship strategies.
- Collaborate with Revenue Manager on rate negotiations.
- Identify new group/catering business opportunities.
- Develop sales revenue strategies and budgets.
- Analyze market trends and increase revenue through added business volume.
- Foster strong relationships with property operational teams.
- Resolve guest issues arising from the sales process.
- Create training for sales managers and build sales strategies.
- Provide leadership and support to divisional associates.
- Develop community relationships to expand customer base.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Sales.
- Minimum 4 years hotel sales and marketing experience, preferably in a full-service, upscale property.
- Must have a sharp knowledge and understanding of the hotel sales / operations.
- Passionate about sales and proven track record of meeting or exceeding targets.
- Strong business acumen and comfortable in a networking environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills - adventurous, creative, passionate, determined and high energy required.
- Targets accounts, markets, or segments with heavy emphasis on proactive solicitation and account saturation.
- Responds to and manages larger and more complex incoming opportunities for the property.
- Must have the ability to set priorities, be a strategic thinker and bring excellent time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Empathy towards your customers and colleagues.
- Pride and attention to detail.
- Polished personal presentation with warm, confident and hospitable personality.
Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites recognizes our employees as essential to our success and value diverse skills. From frontline staff to management, we offer excellent opportunities for career growth, as well as employer-provided medical benefits and other incentives. We are looking for new talent to join our dynamic team that is setting the standard of excellence in the hospitality industry.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- On-site gym
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Halifax, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Hotel sales: 4 years (required)
Work Location: In person