If you’re passionate about being a part of a team that is, committed to the Team Member Experience and driven by innovation and growth, then join us!
The Maintenance Assistant is a critical role within our communities as it impacts the lives of residents and ignites the warmth of human connection.
As a Maintenance Assistant your typical day will impact in the following ways:
- Executing general repair and maintenance work including painting, plastering, basic plumbing (e.g. replacing faucets, unblocking toilets), woodworking (e.g. replacing moulding, installing doors, replacing doorframes) and electrical work (tasks that do not require an electrician’s license, e.g. changing light bulbs).
- Cleaning, scrubbing, striping and waxing floors in the hallways, stairways, common areas, etc., as instructed, in order to maintain the premises in good condition.
- Emptying out garbage and recycling receptacles at regular intervals in order to prevent waste from accumulating, and ensures recycling materials are stored properly.
- Pressure washing and maintaining building exterior, grounds and parking lots.
- Removing snow on sidewalks and doors and applies salt to ensure resident, visitor and team member safety.
- Mowing and watering grass, tending to flower gardens and applies fertilizer as needed, to ensure the orderly appearance of the grounds.
- Completing the appropriate forms and documents; writing required reports based on available information in order to ensure the necessary follow-up.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Certification, training, and work experience, including competencies, in: building repairs, painting and finishes, floor care, safety procedures, property maintenance, plumbing, heating and air conditioning.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Proven customer service skills and excellent command of verbal and written English language.
- Sound knowledge of the operation and maintenance of equipment used in the residence.
- Ability to work independently and/or as a member of a team.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Criminal Records Check. Applicable to British Columbia applicants.
Act upon your desire to help others and Join Sienna Senior Living as we continue to enhance the lives of those we serve.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $26.06 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- maintenance: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person