Why you should join the GOLDBECK SOLAR team:
GOLDBECK SOLAR Canada Corp. is a subsidiary of GOLDBECK SOLAR GmbH, a leading provider of turnkey solar systems on ground mounted utility scale PV power plants headquartered in Hirschberg, Germany. With our team of dedicated employees, we develop, plan, build, operate and finance photovoltaic systems in Germany, Europe and worldwide - tailor-made with a standardized approach. The North America office is in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, with a satellite office in Calgary, Alberta.
As a growing international private company, we value authenticity, fair business practices, innovation, quality, and zest for life. We look for highly spirited people embracing those same core values to join us! We are dedicated to promoting solar renewable energy in North America and reducing our carbon footprint. Join us in shaping the energy transition!
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic QA/QC Coordinator for our Solar Projects based in Drumheller, Alberta.
You will use your expertise to:
(You will be responsible for performing such duties and responsibilities which may be assigned to you from time to time by your leader.)
- Implementing data in QA/QC software (Fieldwire) – training will be provided by QA/QC manager.
- Prepare and organize folders for client submission.
- Checking that all deliverable documentations are ready and checked before submission to the client.
- Following up QA/QC personnel attendance on site (AB/NS).
- Coordinate with quality inspections with all the site subcontractors and vendors and coordinate all non-destructive testing on site.
- Coordinate with the customer's representative on all quality matters.
- Coordinate all receipt inspections.
- Distribute relevant QA/QC documentation to site subcontractors.
- Verify that the quality-related site activities are in accordance with the applicable codes and standards.
- Participate in the site internal and external site audits.
- Coordinate all the quality site inspections through the site QC inspectors.
- Control all nonconformance reports and undertake remedial action.
- Compete site quality control instructions and action remedial responses.
- Review the customer's specifications and undertake relevant training for the site QC inspector.
- Monitor the implementation of the approved site QC Plan.
- Complete and coordinate the approval of the site QC technical submittals to the customer.
- Coordinate with the site construction manager on all quality issues Coordinate and chair the QA/QC site weekly meetings with the project's subcontractors QC personnel.
- Elaborating inspection and test programs.
- Ensure the safety is adhered to at site.
- Assure all technical documents relative to site quality control are the current status.
We would like to review your application if you have the following minimum qualifications:
- Diploma or bachelor’s degree in quality or relevant discipline engineering, or construction management.
- Working experience in construction/construction management with exposure to performing quality control/quality assurance/quality management tasks in an industrial project environment (mining projects will be preferred).
- Excellent communication, coordination and interdisciplinary team support skills.
- High attention to detail.
- The quality or industry certifications are an asset.
- Able to work under minimum supervision.
- Valid driver's license; available to drive to the project site
Where you will be working, your work schedule, and other important information:
The base hours of work are a regular 44-hour work week, with the potential for extended work hours based on business needs.
- Uneven ground level
- Obstructed pathways
Climatic/Environmental Conditions at Job Site:
- Predominately outdoor climate
- May be exposed to extreme hot or cold weather
- Various noise levels caused by tools, machinery, equipment, etc.