Floral industry experience an asset
Sobeys Inc. is a growing Canadian company. We are a market leader in grocery and pharmacy that operate under multiple banners spanning over 1500 stores in communities across the country. Our family of over 134,000 teammates and franchise affiliates are on a mission to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our teammates.
Our national pharmacy team is proudly Canadian, with pharmacies from coast to coast in our various banners. Depending on your province you would recognize us as Sobeys, Safeway, Thrifty Foods, Foodland, Lawtons Drugs or FreshCo.
The Floral Designer is responsible for carrying out the full range of duties of the position in a professional, responsible, accurate and timely fashion. The Designer delivers the highest level of customer service and satisfaction. The Floral Designer demonstrates the highest level of adherence to all Food Safety Protocols, Standard Operating Procedures, corporate policies, Health & Safety, and other relevant programs and initiatives. The Floral Designer demonstrates excellent teamwork, interpersonal skills, and commitment to the success of the team. Actively contributes to a positive and productive working environment.
- Adhere to all Food Safety Protocols, Standard Operating Procedures, Health and Safety, corporate policies, and other programs and initiatives
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge and understanding of company policies and procedures, including department standard operating procedures
- Perform required duties of the Floor Maintenance Program
- Keep work area clean, safe, and presentable at all times
- Operate equipment correctly and performs duties in a safety conscious manner
- Demonstrate growth in product knowledge; remains aware of product changes and seasonal requirements
- Establish positive eye contact and greets customers with a smile
- Is consistently dependable, conscientious, and punctual
- Adheres to company Dress Code
- Design and create products, in accordance with company standards, for displays and in response to customer requests
- Order and receive product, check for quality, and verify invoices
- Accurately sign and price all products
- Accurately follow all cash handling procedures
- Organize, rotate, and maintain floral product, in accordance with company inventory control procedures
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment as per company requirements
- Other duties as required
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to accept and implement feedback
- Consistently dependable, conscientious & punctual
- Demonstrated initiative and motivation
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal Skills
- Job Knowledge
- Enthused Selling
- Retail store
- May be required to lift up to 50lbs
- Two person lift required for weights exceeding 50lbs
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Physical work including; but not limited to bending, lifting, and reaching
- Exposure to varying temperatures over short periods of time
- Exposure to sanitation and cleaning chemicals
- Flexible hours and overtime
Some websites share our job opportunities and may provide salary estimates without our knowledge. These estimates are based on similar jobs and postings for general comparison, but these numbers are not provided by or monitored for accuracy by our organization.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.