Specialty Sales Representative
Are you passionate about driving sales in a competitive environment? If you are a driven individual with an entrepreneurial mindset, then we want to hear from you!
We’re BioSyent and we are looking for an ambitious Specialty Sales Representative to join our Eastern Sales team. The successful candidate has demonstrated a proven sales record and has good relationships within the Quebec and Eastern Ontario territory.
Join our team and you could be integral to the introduction of products that address unmet medical needs in the Canadian market.
You could also watch your skills and career grow alongside a great Canadian success in the making.
A Canadian Success:
Innovations in the field of medicine are essential. Making those innovations available to Canadian healthcare professionals and their patients is why we exist.
BioSyent is focused on commercializing products that provide a unique benefit to patients and their healthcare providers and is known for its ability to effectively and efficiently introduce new products to the Canadian market. BioSyent is actively sought out as the Canadian market partner of choice by brand innovators with niche or specialty products looking for a trusted partner that can deliver results.
We have been growing our business over the past years. We were thrilled to be named one of Canada’s GROWTH 500 companies for the last seven years in a row and we want to continue our success. We were also named one of the TSX Venture Top 50 growth companies for three years.
With this kind of accelerated growth, we need great people to step in to help us continue to grow!
Your Next Success:
If you’re a driven, entrepreneurial, and experienced Specialty Sales Representative, someone who knows how to build relationships and navigate the complex healthcare environment to get products adopted, maybe BioSyent will be your next success story.
The duties and responsibilities of the Specialty Sales Representative include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Promoting the Company’s assigned products to healthcare professionals, pharmacists, account administrative and relevant personnel, and any other decision-makers or stakeholders that could influence the awareness, recommendation, consumption, and/or sales volume of BioSyent’s products in the territory.
- Identifying, planning, and executing group learning sessions.
- Developing relationships with key opinion leaders, healthcare practitioners, and influencers that will grow the use of BioSyent’s assigned products.
- Representing BioSyent at events such as conferences by engaging delegates, gathering leads, and via follow-up activities'
- Nurturing key relationships with decision-makers over time and discovering new partnership opportunities with clients, with an objective of working together for mutual benefit and developing long-term relationships'
- Conducting a blend of in-person meetings and remote follow-up, including virtual meetings, phone calls, and email communication with a tailored approach to build relationships.
- Identifying, mapping, recording, and leveraging key account information, including but not limited to, market potential, influence over other accounts, influencers within the account, and decision-making frameworks.
- Managing key elements of the product pathway including healthcare professional awareness and recommendations, as well as retail pharmacy stocking,
- Working with other members of the Business Unit to develop key opinion leaders and influencers on a Regional or National level.
- Reporting details of competitive activities and results on a timely basis and in a form as requested and specified by the Company from time to time.
- Reporting all details of customer contact including promotional activity, relevant market information, and the mapping of all stakeholders into BioSyent’s CRM system.
- Together with the sales and marketing team and the Medical Department, developing and managing strategic and tactical account business plans to meet Company sales objectives.
- Building and maintaining sales of the Company’s products in accordance with annual budgets and objectives provided by management.
- Managing sales expense budgets to deliver sales and contribution margin objectives.
- Supporting the other BioSyent Sales Teams as needed to assist them in developing BioSyent’s business.
- Contributing to the Business Unit’s knowledge of clients and the product environment, so the team can prospect efficiently and sell more effectively.
- Supporting the Company’s Mission, Vision, and Values and following Company policies and guidelines for ethics.
- Communicating any complaints, including potential adverse drug reactions, to the responsible person as indicated in your training, within 24 hours. Please note that this is a Health Canada requirement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This is a home-based position covering major healthcare institutions throughout Quebec and Eastern Ontario. The position reports to the Director – Specialty Business Unit.
What It’s Like at BioSyent:
- BioSyent’s values are something that we live and breathe every day. We value integrity, respect and leadership. We take the long-term view (call it corporate sustainability), we persevere in the face of obstacles and discouragement, and we embrace change as an opportunity.
- Ask our employees what it’s like to work here and they’ll tell you it’s like a family. Like a family, we take a long-term view and care both for the group and its individuals. We’re light on bureaucracy and it’s easy to access whomever you need (or whatever you need to know).
- We work hard for results. We’re all hands on deck when there’s a big priority and then give each other space when we’ve got individual jobs to get done. Unlike in huge organizations, here every person is close to decisions and actions – close to the heartbeat of the organization.
- We’ve also been growing intensely. The growth of the whole means growth for you as an individual as you take on new tasks, see new parts of the business, and keep up with demand. We are careful though – we may get tired, but we don’t want our people missing out on family and life.
Who We’re Looking for
Sound like the right job for you? If so, and you have the following qualifications, we’d love to see your application.
- University Degree – BCom, BSc, or equivalent
- Minimum three (3) years of pharmaceutical key accounts/hospital experience and (3) three years of pharmaceutical sales and territory management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully maneuver through a complex selling process
- Strong ability to influence others through strategic networking, establishing credibility and strong business relationships
- Strong team player with the willingness and ability to support other members of the BioSyent Team
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
- Strong analytical skills and strategic analysis to draw timely and relevant insights into business issues
- Positive attitude, initiative, resourceful, problem-solving, and self-motivated
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) skills
- Results oriented
- Ability to travel up to 50% within Canada
How to Apply:
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits, and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
If you require any assistance, please contact us by using the “Help” button.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.