Who we are:
4Refuel is proud to be recognized for its commitment to safety and culture having been named Top Fleet EmployerCanada’s Safest Employers – Logistics & Supply Chain, and certified as a Great Place to Work, and Best Workplaces™ for Women 2023 from Great Place to Work Canada™. As Canada’s largest and most experienced mobile refueller, 4Refuel has dominated the direct-to-equipment market for over 25 years and ranks among the country’s largest fuel buyers.
What you do:
The Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Advisor performs a range of duties supporting divisional managers and employees. The primary focus will be in supporting the strategic environmental, health and safety goals and targets in order to drive continuous performance improvements across the operations and business unit, as well as ensuring the operations and facilities are in compliance with all relevant EHS legal requirements.
Major Job Functions:
- Establish and maintain effective EHS programs and processes.
- Provide active mentorship and support to the site operations management teams regarding, safety strategies, priorities, risks, activities and projects necessary to attain EH&S goals.
- Conduct routine BTU (Business Team Unit) & site inspections with operations management including hazard assessments, reviewing incident investigations and root cause determination, performing EH&S audits, and providing recommendations to the Operations Manager, driving continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with the Human Resources department, to manage WSIB injury claims to minimize cost and close cases promptly.
- Conduct periodic EHS program analysis, provide reports and metrics to the business leadership and make recommendations to improve performance.
- Develop and modify training, awareness and communication for EH&S at the organization.
- Active involvement in emergency response to provide specialist advice to operations.
- Perform legal compliance audits and ensure the compliance with all applicable legal requirements.
- Liaise with external parties including regulatory and customer EH&S.
- High-level customer service, ability to work independently on projects and to participate on multiple department teams are key to joining this team.
- Results-oriented, self-motivated and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- 5 years of safety programs knowledge
- 5 years of environmental compliance programs and EH&S Management Systems knowledge
- Strong knowledge in OHS & TDG regulations in BC
Education & Experience:
- Certificate or Degree in EH&S related area of study with a highly preferred emphasis on compliance.
- 5 years in EH&S program management
- Transportation industry experience in EH&S regulatory compliance is an asset
- Experience in transportation of dangerous goods (TDG) is considered an asset.
- Experience with provincial environment (ON), health & safety regulations (Work experience or training in OSHAS 18001/ ISO 45001, ISO 9001, 14001)
- Outstanding writing, analytical, and communication skills.
- Additional EHS certifications (E.G. CRSP) also considered/preferred.
- Yard & Office environment
4Refuel welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We are committed to diversity at 4Refuel, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. 4Refuel does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
- Automobile allowance
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
- Do you have experience in the Transportation Industry?
- Do you have experience in the Construction Industry?
Work Location: In person