Reporting to the shop manager, the Pilot Truck Driver main responsibility is to assist the heavy haul drivers with completing their daily tasks safely and efficiently. There will occasionally be the need for the applicant to assist shop technicians with repairs in the field and shop. The successful applicant will exert an attitude that aligns with the company’s vision, mission, values, and culture.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Be in healthy physical condition and able to do manual labor.
- Flag traffic and spot equipment maneuvering in various situations.
- Assist driver to prep equipment for load securement, preparing chains, boomers, etc.
- Sweep trailers and load and unload areas before leaving jobsites.
- Driving an automobile in front of or behind oversized vehicles.
- Ensure the load remains secure during the trip while driving behind the truck.
- Determine traffic patterns and announce obstructions on the road.
- Communicate with the truck driver to ensure that they are aware of any upcoming situations such as traffic jams, stop lights, or other obstacles
- Complete small repairs on equipment when required
- Maintain truck to comply with federal regulations
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of heavy equipment would be considered an asset
- Listens to direction
- Self-motivating and able to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Dedicated, reliable, hard-working
- Must be able to work as a member of a greater team
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Class 5 Operators license with a clean drivers abstract
- First Aid
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $25.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (preferred)
Work Location: In person