W&J Construction Ltd. is a leader in Residential and Multifamily Construction across Western Canada with over 30 years of experience in land development and new construction with its roots originating in Victoria. With W&J’s head office in Victoria it and its team of dedicated professionals we have set our focus back on Vancouver Island. W&J has been aggressively expanding throughout the southern to mid island and is looking for skilled professionals to join its team.
Our continued growth and expansion have created need to add a fulltime General Forman Position to our team. Our General Forman will assist in leading Building Construction division under supervision of the Project Site Superintendent.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assist daily Site Coordination of Subtrades, Equipment, Materials, Site Repairs,
Building Installations & Connections, and Inspections.
- Review and inspect construction installations to ensure adhesion of specifications,
plans and municipal requirements.
- Assist in Interpretation of plans, calculations and adjustments with Site Superintended
for clarifications of design, project requirements and expectations.
- Perform layouts for Excavation, Foundation and Flatwork.
- Report irregularities, design conflicts and site discrepancies to Site Superintendent.
- Organize and complete site inventory of materials from foundation through to
- Ensure Site Personnel & Visitors follow W&J Safety Program including conducting W&J
Site Orientations and collaborate with H&S Management for site safety delivery.
- Assist in coordination of site activities to meet Project Schedule goals.
- Log & update daily site reports and photos into W&J Project System (Procore)
- Possesses a Valid Driver’s License
- 3 years experience in Multifamily - Commercial Construction Industry
- 2 years experience in Lead Construction Role
- Strong ability to read and interpret Mechanical, Electrical, Structural & Architectural
- Great “Can do” team player attitude.
- Previous experience, tickets for operating lifts considered an asset
- Previous experience, tickets and or apprenticeship in Carpentry considered an asset.
- Regular Full-time Hours, Potential for Overtime
- Salary range between $30.00 to $35.00 per hour; Rate based on experience
- Extended Dental, Health & Life Benefits
- RRSP Program
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $30.00-$35.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
- construction: 2 years (required)
- Drivers Licence (required)
Work Location: In person